• @pierrederesistance
    @pierrederesistance 6 лет назад +64

My fave btcc car ever

• @theeeMitchi
      @theeeMitchi 6 лет назад

that circlejerk tho

• @joshchambers902
      @joshchambers902 6 лет назад +14

that was the 850, unless you just mean volvo in general.

• @esotericman22
      @esotericman22 6 лет назад +1

Record number of race wins is Ford with 250 counting down to Rover with 33. Volvo isn't even in the top 10 manufacturers....So how can anyone possibly say best BTCC car ever? Stats don't lie.

• @esotericman22
      @esotericman22 6 лет назад +10

And I've just seen you said 'my favourite' car ever. I'm a dick. Respect.

• @cmartin_ok
      @cmartin_ok 6 лет назад +1

This is the first V70 which was largely based on the 850 that raced in the BTCC. The first "proper" V70 had the "shoulders" below the windowline. Parents had an 850 2.5 10-valve manual which suffered from a couple of non-trivial issues (including a repeated non-start one that led to them selling it) and replaced it in 2004 with a V70 D5 163 auto, which in some ways isn't as good (more cramped front footwells, worse forward visibility - 850 had slimmer front pillars). Good luck with this purchase; we once had a taxi ride to Heathrow in one that had done circa 300,000 miles without any major work being done to it

• @adeykitch1819
    @adeykitch1819 6 лет назад +50

When the world comes to an end mate that Volvo will still be running, good choice Danny.

• @stevefood7389
    @stevefood7389 6 лет назад +36

V70= The best estate car ever made. When the Audi went pop I said you needed a Volvo. Awesome seats, surprising sound system and the best build quality on the road.
    You don't need Bluetooth in a Volvo, embrace the inner Volvo driver: Radio 2 and Radio 4 all the way. I bought my first Volvo aged 18, I need another; probably a V70 D5 manual.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад +1

Radio 2 is my jam regardless. :D

• @Salpeteroxid
      @Salpeteroxid 6 лет назад

Those are shit, even here in Sweden were they used to be common second only to Volvo I barely see any of them on the road before. >9000 series rusts away and the newer has engine failures and transmission failures all around.

• @kkona-e9n
      @kkona-e9n 5 лет назад

@Cockney John saab is shit

• @yoyocrackatow1234
    @yoyocrackatow1234 6 лет назад +29

i like the PTA spec motor, Gus Fring approves 👍.

• @WhereverHugo
    @WhereverHugo 6 лет назад +17

As a swede I approve of this car ;)

• @Mrb00st
    @Mrb00st 6 лет назад +6

98 V70 T5 was probably the best car Volvo ever made - well, FWD anyway. It's proper quick and easy to fix with a basic toolset. The year before Ford ruined them, putting in a shit electronic throttle body and COP and networked modules and coded keys and complicated shit. Wonderful car. And fast too. With just a tune they're a two gear burnout machine.

• @nickclark6001
    @nickclark6001 6 лет назад +11

Did you find the bonnet hinge catches? They allow the bonnet to open vertically. You don't get interior quality like that these days 👍

• @Art_Vandelay_Industries
      @Art_Vandelay_Industries 3 года назад

My mom has an old volvo and i can second the one about the build quality. Everything is so solid in there

• @toddmiller1933
    @toddmiller1933 6 лет назад +32

Geography teacher drew it with a non shatter ruler

• @russellbrown8377
      @russellbrown8377 6 лет назад

Them ones that did shatter when you smashed it onto the side of the desks?

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад +3

No they're the shatter ones. Learn your rulers boi

• @B.Walker.
    @B.Walker. 6 лет назад +7

Bullet proof mate.... sometimes I wish I had an automatic when I'm stopping and starting in traffic and Volvo make safe crash cars and the cops used the T5... the RS focus also has a Volvo engine, gd car.

• @Thumbii
    @Thumbii 6 лет назад +5

Nice! I own a V70 T5 -98 myself! I have a tip for you, remove the rubber strip just underneath the window on the tailgate, it's a major designfault.. It collects dust, water and such and makes the tailgate rust like hell.

• @Chaddyp100
    @Chaddyp100 6 лет назад +9

Much prefer this to the previous e36. Good car this

• @SimpsonsClassics
    @SimpsonsClassics 4 года назад +2

Bloody love it 👍

• @KeechysCars
    @KeechysCars 6 лет назад +5

I think you should feel legally obliged to put an exhaust on it or find a way to release the t5 sound 👌🏻

• @tonysilliker5977
      @tonysilliker5977 3 года назад +1

If was to be keeping car a stainless steel exhaust is way ahead. As first one rotted out on mine and now the replacement is on it's way out. Next one for mine is a 3 inch stainless steel. Yeah it's £300 but don't intend to be selling it soon.. Considering a standard exhaust is around £200 fitted it's worth the extra ton for the stainless exhaust.

• @OTR-Raceworks
    @OTR-Raceworks 6 лет назад +4

A little quirk with the bonnet hinges... there is a catch on them that you can rotate to give the bonnet an extra 20ish degree of travel, so its totally clear of the engine bay.
    Ive had 3 940s and they have all had it as has a mates 850.

• @mrconta
    @mrconta 6 лет назад +2

have you checked so you have cabinfilter? on V70 it was a optional so not everyone have one. if you dont LOTS and LOTS of debris and dirt have sucked in through the fan blower and into the evapulator and then all this debris and dirt will blow you in the face making you sick. I had this problem in my car.

• @100jsanderson
    @100jsanderson 6 лет назад +6

Prodigy in the back 😎

• @benjaminrhodes9611
    @benjaminrhodes9611 6 лет назад +2

You need to sell a sticker that says "It's a GOOD CAR" or "This is a GOOD CAR" maybe "My other car is a GOOD CAR". I'd buy all three. Good stuff Dan!

• @deanishere7237
    @deanishere7237 6 лет назад +1

Fucking belting cars Volvo estates... I've got an Mr2 and a mk2 V70 estate !!!

• @lowrezz
    @lowrezz 6 лет назад +23

5 cylinder :))))

• @Cjrelectrical
    @Cjrelectrical 6 лет назад +1

Love an old Volvo , The T5 engine is superb . Nice one 👍🏻

• @lukekindred1999
    @lukekindred1999 6 лет назад +4

Fully rate the music in the opening of the vid 👌 prodigy forever

• @jackdreeling2978
    @jackdreeling2978 6 лет назад +6

Touring car livery? 😂

• @rocksteady8986
    @rocksteady8986 6 лет назад +2

They used to race Volvo wagons in btcc in the 90s didn't they?? You needed a durable, dependable utility vehicle Volvo checks all the boxes. Sucks it's auto but that's one less wear item to be bothered with. I'm looking for one now 👍

• @davidhopper1087
    @davidhopper1087 6 лет назад +3

Showing your age now Danny lol. Did you get a flat cap with it . Joking apart looks really nice . And very comfortable . Best of luck with your new venture . The BM estate was a state and you realised it to late . For it's age the V70 is a real good car and ticks all the boxes .

• @DiSoRdErLy0604
    @DiSoRdErLy0604 6 лет назад +1

My thoughts, epic car. Volvos are absolute tanks. They're comfy, practical, not bad looking and........ Surprisingly fucking fast! Good buy! Their comes a time in life where u have to say 'fuck it' and go for the sensible practical option. Welcome to official adulthood Danny! Haha. Ps. Please come to Devon and hang out!

• @Soulvex
    @Soulvex 6 лет назад +7

need any info on it check RobertDIY.

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад +5

I have been! He's great :)

• @reallyhappenings5597
      @reallyhappenings5597 5 лет назад

Dig deeper, Robert is a hack who does nothing to spec.

• @j-psalmi8039
      @j-psalmi8039 5 лет назад

@@reallyhappenings5597 Like your normal home mechanic would do something to spec, lol

• @reallyhappenings5597
      @reallyhappenings5597 5 лет назад

@@j-psalmi8039 I do everything to spec

• @j-psalmi8039
      @j-psalmi8039 5 лет назад

@@reallyhappenings5597 Don't lie to me lmao

• @willargent5271
    @willargent5271 6 лет назад +2

Yes lad to the Volvo, reminds me of when I was a kid and my old man had an 850 T5 and then a gold V70 R AWD “Good Car” certified👌🏼

• @liamk82ify
    @liamk82ify 6 лет назад +2

Nice car man, always had a soft spot for these. Something right about a fast wagon. Btw loving that sweet harmony in the background 👍

• @papakyriakouandreas
    @papakyriakouandreas 6 лет назад +17

Some belting tunes in the background - Strings of Life!

• @topcat01
      @topcat01 6 лет назад

Uncle F fucking great tunes

• @TeamRaDe
      @TeamRaDe 6 лет назад

Uncle F yassssss

• @neilross9867
      @neilross9867 6 лет назад

I was racking my brains to think of the name of this track.

• @twig3288
    @twig3288 6 лет назад +1

check the service record to see when the timing belt was last changed.
    Do a glove test on the oil cap spout to make sure there's no pressure build up in the crank case, or you'll be needing a new rear main seal before long. If the glove inflates you'll need to service the PCV system. If you do, top tip: remove the fan shroud first for easier access.
    Check the top torque mount, make sure it's not torn. Get someone to rev it while you check for excessive back and forth rocking motion. It's probably ok, but worth checking.
    Apart from that she looks like a fine specimen.

• @csebastian71
      @csebastian71 6 лет назад

Totally agree doing the glove test. Also, check your front brake lines to see if they’re soft. I upgraded to stainless steel since I plan to have my 98 S70 T5 for many more years.

• @1989mrstan
    @1989mrstan 6 лет назад +2

I had a r volvo v70 lpt auto. Best 300 quid car i ever had.
    Probably already been told but tuck your left leg away. I would be fine till in a carpark and then out of instinct go for the clutch 🙈 😂

• @MrGps86
    @MrGps86 6 лет назад +3

120k? Barely run in for a Volvo that. Nice choice, really cool car them imo

• @gavinhassett479
      @gavinhassett479 6 лет назад

Mines has gone for 350,000kms auto and all.

• @thedownshiftchannel
    @thedownshiftchannel 6 лет назад +2

Good car!

• @kevcahill89
    @kevcahill89 6 лет назад +4

Love it man. Now, crack on with the teg.

• @MrNurdiboy
    @MrNurdiboy 6 лет назад +2

Right, dare you to turn it into a BTTC replica 850r DO IT!:-)

• @geoffcampbell1067
    @geoffcampbell1067 6 лет назад +2

Love a Volvo wagon! Completely understandable why you’d want something a bit more complete as a daily rather than a rolling project. Enjoy it man!

• @RonnieMADCHESTER
    @RonnieMADCHESTER 6 лет назад +2

Mint playlist in the background !! Always wanted an 850r

• @aphex14
    @aphex14 6 лет назад +1

Not to take away from the V70, great track in the background, The Prodigy.

• @MrRobinwhatley
    @MrRobinwhatley 6 лет назад +2

That's awesome. Had a 2.5 for a daily, ran lovely. You can swap out the head unit for anything double DIN easy enough. Just boat round in it and it will be everything you ever need in a daily. Just check the coolant hoses haven't rusted through- overheated engine wrote mine off :s

• @limalimauk
    @limalimauk 6 лет назад +1

I'd have one in a moment! But the Mrs says they are old men's cars... I keep telling her I'm 42 and an old man...

• @rnicholls96
    @rnicholls96 6 лет назад +1

If your looking for any parts for it check out lakes autos on the a1 all they do there is volvos so plenty of knowledge and parts to get if you need any

• @filmbymason7058
    @filmbymason7058 6 лет назад +2

I love your Spotify Danny, same taste lad!

• @TekkenBones
    @TekkenBones 3 года назад

I just bought one of these, same colour but 2.4 n/a auto (170bhp). 250,000 miles on it. Engine sounds brand new.

• @SWMIKE100
    @SWMIKE100 6 лет назад +1

Yes I love volvos my dad had a 760 turbo intercooler and a 850 shame it wasn’t a t5 those Volvo 5 bangers are so nice

• @Hoktew
    @Hoktew 6 лет назад +1

I'm in nova scotia Canada and I just bought a 1999 volvo v70 xc green with a glt rear door with a wing for 400 canadian.. 313 000 km drives amazing and needs a crank seal otherwise inspected and driving . I love it . will a holset fit in here?:)

• @Hoktew
      @Hoktew 6 лет назад +1

I just bouggt a 1998 T5. V70. Wagon

• @maxtait-sicomori4736
    @maxtait-sicomori4736 6 лет назад +1

Love it! Assuming it's a T5? I've got the saloon version, S70R in manual ;) which has has had a few mods. Would be happy for you to do a review on it

• @Razmatazuk
    @Razmatazuk 6 лет назад +2

Good tunes, Prodigy etc. My era

• @LeeL289
    @LeeL289 6 лет назад +1

Great choice, much more of a sensible idea. What actually happened to the bmw, did you sell it, or take it back for a refund lol? Peace...

• @mattvaughan180
    @mattvaughan180 6 лет назад +1

Dan you made a good choice there mate,you could sleep in that boot easily,I owned a Volvo S60 d5 for my 50 mile each way commute to work and it never let me down,the seats are so comfortable and it went well too was bsr remapped 220bhp diesel 50mpg get in,all you need now is a ‘triggers broom’ sticker,👍

• @stuiiieee
    @stuiiieee 6 лет назад +8

straight pipe it!

• @Soulvex
      @Soulvex 6 лет назад +3

no

• @deanishere7237
      @deanishere7237 6 лет назад +1

SO turn it into utter chav shit you mean...

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад

Don't worry, wouldn't dream of straight piping it. Doesn't need any mods, it's a daily driver foooool

• @stuiiieee
      @stuiiieee 6 лет назад +1

Chavs don't buy volvos mate 😂 they buy the Ford with it in

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад

then why even suggest it 🤔

• @realasmr538
    @realasmr538 6 лет назад +2

Dam I’ve got to wait for an other e36 now 😢😢

• @ecee1259
    @ecee1259 6 лет назад +2

So cool when these were in the btcc

• @sataneatcheese6243
    @sataneatcheese6243 6 лет назад +1

You've become so geography teacher you're now only missing the Scout Group Leader position...

• @tonysilliker5977
    @tonysilliker5977 3 года назад

You will find a lot of folks will bitch a V70 Dan. But they tend to buy a puppy and not expect it to drop a log on the living room carpet. Mine has me in for £1500 in 3 year of owning outside of regular service/wear n tear. Got the thing for a steal at £800. Just renewed suspension and brakes £1500. So £2300 in 3 years not bad. A newer car could easily have been a money pit. Very happy with mine. Hope you have same luck with your V70..

• @AdSiKEGame
    @AdSiKEGame 6 лет назад +1

Step dad has a 850R in red omg that car, deffo look at the V70R's Danny. These Volvo's are over looked!

• @gonzalo4307
    @gonzalo4307 6 лет назад +1

Man that thing is huge, thats a real parts hauler that haha.
    Looks good, really clean, love the boxy lines it has aswell, doesnt even look 90s it looks 80s and thats awesome.
    Hope its a good car to you and doesnt give you any headache driving it everyday, thats what really matters
    Kinda miss the e36 though, as you said it had so much potential but it needed a lot of stuff done and that didnt make it a proper daily really. How long did you own it? 1 week? Is that a record? Hope it is haha

• @suffolkngood
    @suffolkngood 6 лет назад

Why haven't I read anything about this on PH ?
    I'm on my 3rd V70 and just need to sell my Skyline first, before I get myself a V70R.
    Cracking car mate... ( mintybiscuit on PH )

• @philipl1109
    @philipl1109 6 лет назад

I bought a new Volvo in 2003, thought I'd keep it a few years............ still driving it and love it. 5 cyl will out last me. Best car I have ever owned.

• @tonysilliker5977

BF Goodrich on mine but same tread as Goodyear as they own BFG.. Loose the tacky ferrari pap on the back n go MAD VIKING on both rear side windows...

• @rezaq1
    @rezaq1 3 года назад

Wicked car! I have a V70 T5 2.3 manual in Pearl Green. Cracking cracking car mate, I have 263k and not one spot of rust anywhere or underneath.

• @tonysilliker5977

That's same as mine only mine is a R plate. Even same colour roughly same milage 130 thou plus a auto too. To freeking wierd this vid is.. LOL

• @mancavecustoms13
    @mancavecustoms13 Год назад

I have a C70 T5 and i just bought a Gen 1 V70 2.4T AWD. :)

• @charlie5273
    @charlie5273 6 лет назад +2

5 cylinder 😈

• @colthepirate
    @colthepirate 6 лет назад

Bought meself one at Christmas. I love it, but it won't tick over in traffic. A mate showed me that if I take this pipe off the engine, the 'breather' he called it, the one that opens up when you press the accellerator, and you open it up and clean it with some kitchen towels it'll start again. it's been 5 month now and every 100 or so miles it'll conk out in traffic so I have to stick the hazzards on, get out, spray it with carb cleaner and whack the kitchen roll out and clean it out, then it starts and works beautifully again. It conked out once at 60mph so I knew that wasn't related and the garage put a new coil on and it worked then 116 miles later (I reset the tripometer every time it conks) it broke down again. on the Redgeugh bridge coming out of Newcastle 20 mins after a toon match had kicked out. they weren't happy with me sticking me hazards on in the outside lane ater they'd probably lost as well. Anyone heard of this? I took the idle air control valve off, scrubbed the f out of it with carb cleaner and left it to dry before replacing it too. just annoying now, conked out today outside the dentist when I pulled up to drop our lass off. it's just embarrassing now like

• @joem8213
    @joem8213 6 лет назад +1

Great choice! Can’t beat a Volvo v70 T5! The seats look so comfy lol

• @alanscott5942
    @alanscott5942 6 лет назад

Just bought a xc70 two weeks ago five years old with less than 40k on the clock absolutely love it, good choice young man.......oh by the way mines an auto desiel 😁😁😁

• @lewisstreeton6802
    @lewisstreeton6802 6 лет назад

my parents had a 2009 v50 r design bought from new. sold it about 6 months ago and they did just over 200,000 miles in it without a single problem. great built cars and very safe i will 100% buy one soon mabey the new v50r d5

• @russellclark1978
    @russellclark1978 6 лет назад +1

Nice Volvo that Dan. I'm not a Volvo enthusiast but like you, I've always liked the Volvo's from afar.

• @darrenthomas9411
    @darrenthomas9411 6 лет назад

Got an old Volvo estate myself. Sound system is the best with that big base in the boot, Quality. Smooth ride and those comfy leather seats. Everything on these cars spells quality from the paintwork to the dip stick. I've had loads of cars over the years and these solid lumps are better in many ways to a lot of German stuff. Plus there cheap as chips.

• @jumblesaleboo
    @jumblesaleboo 6 лет назад

Nice car...Yeah had a V70 T5 manual CD for 7 years, then got what I have now, which is a 98 V70R in Saffron with manual trans . One day, I would love to have the 2000 V70R in laser blue cranking 265 bhp from stock.. :)

• @b-roader8908
    @b-roader8908 6 лет назад +16

The movie Ronin made the V70 even cooler back in '98 :)

• @b-roader8908
      @b-roader8908 6 лет назад +3

Haha, yeah! SAS wannabe. "What's the colour of the boathouse at Hereford?" :D

• @b-roader8908
      @b-roader8908 6 лет назад +3

"Tell me about an ambush?! I ambushed you with a cup of coffee!"

• @dannyDC2
      @dannyDC2  6 лет назад +4

Love that movie, watched it again just a few weeks ago :)

• @b-roader8908
      @b-roader8908 6 лет назад +4

...and then you bought a silver T5! I swear every time I watch it, I go looking for a green S8 or an E34 M5 :D

• @R8DTF
      @R8DTF 6 лет назад +2

Only me that went out and bought a Peugeot 406 then.....

• @driftmanjirc
    @driftmanjirc 6 лет назад +1

Ovlov for the win!! Awesome & Very underated cars...

• @simondanylyk9256
    @simondanylyk9256 6 лет назад +1

Sound that is. That e36 was a wreck. Miles better the volvo is

• @Riplamaxaa
    @Riplamaxaa 6 лет назад

I had one of these, loved everything about it. Including the view from the back corner! Also had an A6 C5 Avant ;)

• @Twobarpsi
    @Twobarpsi 2 месяца назад

You stole my car!! Dead ringer for my 98 V70 T5!!

• @marksmith1560
    @marksmith1560 6 лет назад +1

Nice daily. I have a Skoda Octavia estate daily with 294000 miles on it best £100 I have spent !!

• @hbguitar
    @hbguitar 6 лет назад +1

Bloody cool- Audi is still my favourite but this might knock it off the top spot

• @johntheman2006
    @johntheman2006 6 лет назад +1

Much better than the rusty e36. I’ve never owned a Volvo, and I’ve owned plenty of Bimmers (e21, e36 and e46), but this is much better all round than than e36.

• @xRichUKx
    @xRichUKx 6 лет назад +1

Everyone loves a T5 man! Good car for sure. Autos perfect for dailies as long as you've got something manual for fun as well, no shame there.

• @MrStamford78
    @MrStamford78 6 лет назад +1

Great car! We had one as our family car for nearly 15 years.
    You will love it Danny!

• @Adam-si9df
    @Adam-si9df 6 лет назад

Spot on car that, enjoy it.
    I've got a 2003 v70 d5, it's done 218k full service history £600 notes.

• @tedbrookins
    @tedbrookins 3 года назад

The P80 hood has secondary latches that allow 90° opening. Useful.

• @tobylikesbikes
    @tobylikesbikes 6 лет назад +1

Can't go wrong with volvos tbf, built like tanks

• @eriksimca9409
    @eriksimca9409 6 лет назад +1

oh yeeees finally some swedish stuff on here, didnt expect it :P

• @bzdtemp
    @bzdtemp 6 лет назад +1

Nice buy. You will love how well it combines being practical and good to drive. Volvo makes the best seats.

• @geoffygeoff9391
    @geoffygeoff9391 6 лет назад +1

awesome car mate. follow drifts n lifts for sweaty volvo ballsacks.

• @roelhazenberg9365
    @roelhazenberg9365 6 лет назад

"Like it's drawn with a ruler" LOL. Great car, 850's and v70's are such great cars.

• @BlandNutz
    @BlandNutz 6 лет назад +2

we need more vice content danny

• @rallipete
    @rallipete Год назад

I kinda sad that the interior is a bit worse than in the Volvo 850 but still love me a v70 mk1

• @topcat01
    @topcat01 6 лет назад

1:07 and I had to stop the vid and congratulate u on that fucking stonking tune in the background.....right back to it

• @moonshelter1983
    @moonshelter1983 6 лет назад

Just picked up a 1996 850 in black last week. 1st Volvo ever.

• @cjprior88
    @cjprior88 5 лет назад

My dad picked me up at school with 1 and i managed to get my whole world in the back including a bicycle on the back

• @kevinqueen3337
    @kevinqueen3337 6 лет назад +1

Good choice of music inthe background👍👍👍

• @jumboqk
    @jumboqk 6 лет назад

Sell me this car 👍👍.Do you wana swap with my e34 manual 6 pot

• @miguelfreitas1991
    @miguelfreitas1991 6 лет назад +1

Much nicer car than that E36 .......good choice

• @ImranAli-dy1eh
    @ImranAli-dy1eh 6 лет назад

Great cars, always fancy'd one. Wanna swap for Fabia vrs 👌🏻