Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 июл 2024
  • Click for more info and reviews of this etrailer Trailer Hitch:
    www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitc...
    www.etrailer.com
    Don’t forget to subscribe!
    / etrailertv
    Full transcript: www.etrailer.com/tv-install-e...
    Ryan: Hey everybody. Ryan here at etrailer. Today on our 2020 Ford Transit 250, we're going to be taking a look at and showing you how to install the etrailer.com class three trailer hitch receiver.In my opinion, you really can't go wrong with this hitch. It kind of checks all the boxes for me. Not only is it going to look good, but it's going to be really heavy duty and can handle just about anything you throw it. That's exactly what you want on the back of your Transit, because these things are really versatile and can do pretty much anything that you want them to.So for those of you that plan on primarily using your Transit to do some towing, work-related stuff, things like that, the hitch is going to be able to handle that.
    Now, I would recommend picking up some trailer wiring that way the lights on your trailer will match up with the lights on your Transit and you'll be safe and legal.Now, a big question we get asked all the time from Transit owners is in regards to towing trailers with electric brakes. That can easily be done. There's a really cool wiring kit available that's pretty much plug and play. It's already for the most part loomed and ran for you. It makes life really easy.
    And you can use that in conjunction with a brake controller to allow your Transit van to pull that trailer with brakes not only safely, but legally as well.A lot of times these vans too are also used to carry around a lot of people on adventures and go exploring, things of that nature. Well, whenever you have a lot of people inside, even though they're pretty big, all the seats take up all the space. You don't have a whole lot of room to put all your gear and extra cargo, things like that. You can put stuff up on the roof, but it's really high up and can be a little troublesome to get to. So I would recommend if that's your case, getting a cargo carrier which will work perfectly with the hitch.
    That way you can get to all your stuff real easily back here. You ain't got to worry about going up on the roof and it'll make the ride inside more comfortable for all your passengers.Now, something I want to mention that a lot of people probably won't think about is if you do happen to want to use a bike rack back here, you're probably not going to be able to get into the back of the door, because whenever you go to open it up, that rack could be in the way and interfere. Well, there's a really cool solution available. It's actually an adapter that comes in here and allows everything you have accessory wise to swing way over to the side and give you a ton of space to get anything you might need in and out of the back of your Transit.Now, since this is a class three hitch, it's going to have that two inch by two inch receiver tube opening, which is extremely common size and you'll find a ton of different things that'll work with it. It's also going to have a reinforced collar for extra strength.
    And I think it looks pretty good back here too. It's going to have that standard five eighths pin hole. Now keep in mind a pin and clip does not come included, but if you don't have one, you can find it here at etrailer. It's going to have loop style safety chain openings, which aren't huge, but they do give us quite a bit of space to use just about any size hook that we might have.Now, the hitch is going to have some pretty impressive weight capacities. As far as the maximum gross tongue weight rating goes, it's going to be 900 pounds. That's going to be the amount of weight that's pushing down on the hitch. That's a really high number and you should be able to use pretty much any accessory that you would want to. As far as the maximum gross trailer weight rating goes, it's going to be 6,000 pounds and that's going to be the amount of weight that's pulling on the hitch. So that's the weight of your trailer plus anything that you might have on it.Now, this can be used with the weight distribution system, which is a separate component, but if you are using that, the maximum gross trailer weight rating does increase to 8,000 pounds. But keep in mind that the tongue weight rating does remain the same at 900. Now I do like to point out, it's never a bad idea to check with your Transit's owner's manual to make sure it can pull that much weight safely.Now I'm going to give you a couple of measurements and you're going to use these to help figure out which hitch mounted accessories to get. From the ground to the top inside edge of the receiver tube opening, it's going to be 16 inches. So, you're probably going to need to get a ball mount that

Комментарии • 10

• @jatakasawa
    @jatakasawa 2 года назад +1

I had my doubts about the self tapping bolts but they went in. One was a little stiff but it went. I used WD40 on a few of them and it seemed to help. Here's my tip for this install: Hang the hitch using the rear bolts and nuts and thread the self tappers in and be done. That saves you the step of having to tap, remove and replace the self tappers. Just do it once and be done.

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  2 года назад

Thank you for sharing this feedback and tip with us and others that may be installing this hitch themselves. Check out the following link to see the trailer wiring harnesses we have for the 2020 Ford Transit T250.
      www.etrailer.com/t1-2020_Ford_Transit+T250.htm

• @michaelcarilli8405
    @michaelcarilli8405 5 месяцев назад

Can you add a little thread locker on this self tapping bolts for added protection

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  5 месяцев назад

You can if you wish, but it the fasteners are torqued according to the instructions, it's not really necessary.
      www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/etrailer/e98842.html

• @JohnSmith-bq1sj
    @JohnSmith-bq1sj 3 года назад +1

I assume, this is one of those intelligent, bluetooth towing hitches. Doesn't need any wiring..

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  3 года назад

This video was made to show the installation of the hitch. We have other videos in the following link to our website.
      www.etrailer.com/t1-2020_Ford_Transit+T250.htm

• @bringmissmiceprada
    @bringmissmiceprada 2 года назад +1

Just get to the damm install

• @toxicwall7594
      @toxicwall7594 11 месяцев назад

exactly what i was thinking 🤣

• @colin55594
    @colin55594 2 года назад

The mounts suck. 1 bolt completely cross threaded and bored the hole

• @etrailer
      @etrailer  2 года назад

It can be hard to tell what gunked up threads and cross threading feels like. They are very similar when running the hardware in by hand. This is why we recommend if you feel resistance, to clean out the threads with a wire brush and some spray lubricant.
      www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/etrailer/e98842.html