AMA Sport Kronos Paddle Review: Is 3K better than T700?

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 15 окт 2024

Комментарии • 16

• @kimleith1378
    @kimleith1378 8 месяцев назад +2

I have two 3K faced paddles along with a few T700's. You've touched on all the questions I had prior to buying. I thought that peel ply would help with more spin, but like you didn't really find any difference. The "look" of 3K for me is more appealing IMO.

• @mingez
    @mingez 8 месяцев назад +1

How was the twist weight?

• @TickleMyPickleball
      @TickleMyPickleball  8 месяцев назад +1

6.17 Twistweight. It's okay for a hybrid paddle a bit closer to the lower end for them

• @PickleballPursuit
    @PickleballPursuit 8 месяцев назад +1

My god you almost lost an ankle of that last ernie 😮

• @TickleMyPickleball
      @TickleMyPickleball  8 месяцев назад +3

Haha yea I hesitated a bit because I accidentally nailed him in the crotch and got scared 😅

• @littlebigface
    @littlebigface 8 месяцев назад +1

Correct me if I'm wrong or if you have any definitive source for how they are defining "3k" carbon face, but to my knowledge the 3k is not talking about what type of carbon fiber is used, rather it is saying there are 3k threads of carbon fiber used for each strand in the weave. That is - a non woven paddle face will never have "3k/18k" in it's description.
    Instead, most all carbon fiber paddle faces have unilaterally oriented threads. Both woven and nonwoven faces can be peel-ply surfaces, which I believe this model is as well.
    I wish this model was on the USAPA approved list, but the Kronos model depicted is *not* the Kronos Raw

• @TickleMyPickleball
      @TickleMyPickleball  8 месяцев назад +2

So they're saying it's a 3K twill weave and if you zoom in on the product picture. You can see that the pattern is indeed a 3K twill weave on the paddle face.
      I'll reach out to the company for comfirmation and to check on their approval status since they do have the approved logo on their paddles printed

• @littlebigface
      @littlebigface 8 месяцев назад +1

@@TickleMyPickleball yeah, exactly what I meant to imply - it is a 3k carbon twil weave - and the carbon that is being used could be T700 or another quality of carbon. The 3k is not referring to the material but the order in which the threads are arranged in the weave itself

• @TheChaosGlitch
      @TheChaosGlitch 7 месяцев назад

@@TickleMyPickleball Any clarity on approval status?

• @TickleMyPickleball
      @TickleMyPickleball  7 месяцев назад

@@TheChaosGlitch
      "-The Kronos RAW paddle belongs to the same series as the Kronos paddle we have already approved, so the current USAPA page for Kronos applies to the Kronos RAW paddle.
      -The surface is a true 3K carbon fiber twill face."
      Email from AMA

• @TheChaosGlitch
      @TheChaosGlitch 7 месяцев назад +1

@@TickleMyPickleball In your opinion is this.. true? I would have thought that they'd need to get it reapproved. Just making sure before I get one, want to be able to use it for tournaments :)