Wows Blitz Musashi guide - Did they just put a Yamato at T9?

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 5 авг 2024
  • Is the Musashi really a T9 Yamato? Find out here, and how I play it. It's very good; one of the terrors of World of Warships Blitz that meets Tier 8!
    Let's find out!
    DeathFromAbove
    Please subscribe to support the Channel.
    Join our Discord server to ask any question about the game, check stats sheets & captain skills and vote for the next videos!
    / discord
  • ИгрыИгры

Комментарии • 12

• @HighlanderNorth1
    @HighlanderNorth1 3 года назад +4

👉 Thanks for the in depth guide. I'd love to see someone do a relatively thorough review of the French tier 9 tech tree battleship Alsace. The best I can find are several non-narrated gameplay videos, without any commentary. But there's no comparison to other t9 battleships, despite the fact that Alsace is a free tech tree ship, not a $50+ premium. Some reviewers even have "press accounts", which apparently come with a near-endless supply of free credits and XP. Maybe it's just not a good ship?? Who knows.... I've requested it starting 6-8 weeks ago from a few popular youtube WOWS Blitz reviewers, but with no commitment. 🤔

• @deathfromabove432
      @deathfromabove432  3 года назад +1

Yes, unfortunately the majority of the content out there isn't very helpful, I agree. I haven't worked my way so far up the French tech tree, but the topic will be added to the polls as soon as I lay my hands on the ship. Note that T9 isn't a very popular tier, cv and tactics videos seem to get the most votes on my polls. But I absolutely LOVE the normandie and will definitely keep on grinding the french BB line.

• @HighlanderNorth1
      @HighlanderNorth1 3 года назад +2

@@deathfromabove432
      Yeah, I kinda took the path less traveled when choosing battleship(and cruiser) lines to grind. Early on, I really didn't like the seemingly perpetual "slowness" that curses the American line through tier 7, or the lack of main gun accuracy at anything further away than 6-7kms, which is evident in most American and German tech tree BB's through at least tier 7 as well(except "maybe" the Konig).
      But early on, I drooled at the Lyon's 16 main guns in 4 quadruple turrets! So I grinded my way up the French line, and the Japanese BB line. I've not quite perfected my Lyon playstyle, having played 61 games over maybe 6 months. I'm only averaging 34,541 damage and a 60% WR. I have 2 tier 5 BB's with slightly more average damage, and my Fuso averages over 2,000 more damage. But I can tell that Lyon has the potential to be very effective.. Just before I bought it, I watched an enemy player do 125,000 damage against us in a tier 7 random battle with a Lyon!
      My experience with the Normandie wasn't terrific, although it's one of the first 2 tier 6 BBs I owned, so I wasn't super-skilled at the game yet! But I recently re-purchased my Normandie, and for the 1st time I compared it's health to other T6 BB's. It's got just under 35,000hp, while other T6 tech tree BBs have 39,000-40,000+ hp! I've been spreading myself WAY to thin with different ships, so I've been trying to focus on a limited number of ships, which means Fuso at tier 6 and Lyon at tier 7(new Amagi at tier 8).
      There seemed to be more top notch battleships at tier 5 than any other tier that I'm aware of. Gulio Cesare, Konig, Kongo, Iron Duke, Agincourt, etc.

• @deathfromabove432

@@HighlanderNorth1 Well what makes the US and KM BB lines so interesting to new players is their tolerance for mistakes; you're unlikely to get yourself into tricky situations with a New Mexico moving at 20 knots, and you can take an insane amount of punishment in a Bayern and melt anything that gets too close like a DD. The French are totally different, and I play the Normandie as a battlecruiser with a huge damage potential, hunting & flanking, and I suspect that kind of playstyle will work well until a certain point, probably T8 where the difference in speed between the French and the US/GER will be less important. I guess I'll have to see for myself, but I'll take you along the ride through the polls on the channel. I would definitely advise sticking to a ship/line until you've somewhat mastered it, as lines tend to be quite consistent in their playstyles (with the oddball Izumo or Gneisenau). All the best!

• @HighlanderNorth1
      @HighlanderNorth1 3 года назад +1

@@deathfromabove432
      I freaking HATED the Gneisenau! I played it through 82,000xp on my way to Bismarck and beyond, but just ended up rage-selling it. Some people do well with them, but I play at longer ranges to avoid the destroyers that the few cruisers on my team never seem to take out. The Gneisenau's 6 main guns are terribly inaccurate at long-ish ranges, and I haven't really figured out close in brawling yet. So I'm still 62,000xp short of Bismarck, and I've decided to stop grinding that line altogether.
      I've grinded, bought, sold so many ships already, not to mention the 40 I've got in my port now, and I've only played 1500 randoms(plus probably 2x to 3x that many AI games to retrain commanders to new ships, etc). The most I've ever played a single ship is 91 games in Fuso, but the next 6 most played ships on my list have between 47 - 67 games played. I've met guys who have played as many games in 1 ship as I have in EVERY ship combined!
      Ive considered selling a lot of my ships so that I'd be forced to play the same ones. But out of 40, I can't think of more than maybe 5 I'd be OK with getting rid of! It won't be easy! Oh yeah, I've got a Gascogne, and I've grinded and bought the Alsace, but it's my only tier 9, plus I don't know the high tier maps well. So I'm a bit leery of getting into tier 10 matches against multiple Shimakazes, and trying to avoid a sea of torpedoes in a ship that turns like the Titanic with broken rudders! You can lose A LOT of trophies for tier 9 losses! I've only played a few games with it.
      The Gascogne is kinda tricky, with just 8 of the 380mm guns, with only 4 up front. It's not quite as accurate as you'd expect it to be, and Romas can knock off big chunks of hp.... It's got its moments though.

• @deathfromabove432
      @deathfromabove432  3 года назад

@@HighlanderNorth1 My advice for getting close is to use the landscape elements (islands etc) to your advantage. It's something you see me systematically do in all Scharnhorst/Gneisenau/Bismarck videos; take a look at them. The Gneisenau guide features 3 replays with a lot of different situations to handle. But yes, Scharnhorst is my favourite because of the DPM; Gneisenau at range is anemic, you might as well be screaming at your screen or throwing potatoes to increase your damage!
      And don't worry, I also rage-sold a couple of ships... only to buy them back once I thought I'd figured it out. Sometimes it happens... Don't give up, Bismarck is fantastic.

• @senior_chief1319
    @senior_chief1319 3 года назад +1

Ah yes! Another good comparison video along with excellent example of game play. If you get the Massachusetts can you do one it?

• @deathfromabove432

Hey Ira, long time no see! Thank you. I won't be getting the Massachusetts (unless I get lucky with a crate...), because it doesn't bring anything interesting to the table vs what's already out there, but I did post the stats comparison spreadsheet on the discord server, you might want to check it out. All the best, DFA.

• @senior_chief1319
      @senior_chief1319 3 года назад +1

@@deathfromabove432 Joined your discord, I see you have a military background, I knew I would find something else to like about you ... I’m retired Navy. Thanks again, Senior_Chief1.

• @deathfromabove432

@@senior_chief1319 Ah, great... that was 20 years ago for me, grunts & then chairforce ;)

• @aerynhellscythe3145
    @aerynhellscythe3145 3 года назад +1

If had to pick steel ship which one do you recommend- musashi or Missouri?

• @deathfromabove432

Missouri is easier to play and very good. Musashi has the troll factor of facing T8 with 46cm guns. Both great options; maybe Musashi a bit harder because of the need to get a bit closer to the action.