Flying out of Toronto Pearson Airport | International Departures Walk (T1)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 6 авг 2022
  • A walk through Terminal 1 in Toronto's Pearson Airport (YYZ). I start by entering the airport and proceeding to security and then walking to my gate.
    Recorded in 4K at 60 FPS on Sunday, July 31, 2022.
    Join this channel on RUclips to get access to perks:
    / @johnnystrides
    Alternatively please consider a Patreon Membership: / johnnystrides
    Support me through PayPal: www.paypal.com/paypalme/Johnn...
    IG: / johnnystrides
    Check out my other channel Johnny Stumbles: / @johnnystumbles
    Below are affiliate links featuring tech I use to create the videos I upload to this channel. I will earn a small commission from each purchase which will be used to support the channel if you use the links:
    Segway Ninebot Max Kick Scooter (super long range): amzn.to/3NO65eK
    Cameras and Mics
    DJI Pocket 2 (walking videos): amzn.to/3kskley
    Rode Wireless GO II (dual channel wireless mics): amzn.to/3mkONLZ
    GoPro Hero 10: amzn.to/318mfgx
    DJI Osmo Action: amzn.to/3hwGN54
    Rode smartLav+ (my primary mic for livestreams): amzn.to/3IfYy7g
    Shure MVL (also works really well): amzn.to/3fGoNqm
    Shure MV7 USB/XLR Dynamic Mic: amzn.to/3RgyNrU
    Accessories & Tech I Recommend
    Moza Mini MX Gimbal (used in livestreams): amzn.to/3qADDS7
    DJI Osmo Mobile 5 Gimbal: amzn.to/3IeQNOY
    GETIHU USB C High Speed Power Bank: amzn.to/3NK7fbg
    SanDisk Extreme 256GB Micro SD Card: amzn.to/3ArhZrU
    Samsung EVO Plus 128gb Micro SD Card: amzn.to/3fQTYgV
    Samsung EVO Plus 256gb Micro SD: amzn.to/2Buco8k
    Sony WH1000XM4 Noise Cancelling Headphones: amzn.to/3vcKuES
    Sony WH-1000Xm5 Noise Cancelling Headphones: amzn.to/3uOrCh1
    Meta Quest 2 (128G): amzn.to/3nYKt5b

Комментарии • 69

• @dennistheman7296
    @dennistheman7296 Год назад +9

Thanks!

• @CartersTravelChannel
    @CartersTravelChannel Год назад +7

I was at Pearson two months ago connecting to and from Thunder Bay heading to and out of the Maritimes. I'm in Toronto right now. I flew out into Billy Bishop yesterday from Ottawa since I was just heading downtown. I always use Pearson as a connecting airport.

• @feralmale1517
    @feralmale1517 Год назад +3

Flying into YYZ was a cake walk, flying out of YYZ early AM was a nightmare. This was right after the covid restrictions were lifted. Lines were rock concert long. Took 3.5 hours to get through security. I had work In Peterborough. Loved the people in Peterborough and when they found out I was from Alabama I became a rock star.

• @gurtejbauer659
    @gurtejbauer659 Год назад +5

I am glad you are back from your vacation and I am looking forward to hearing about your trip

• @tjr4459
    @tjr4459 Год назад +4

I’m going to Canada next month from La Guardia airport in NYC. I believe this is the terminal I’ll have to navigate, glad I found this video 😀

• @waynewong3880
    @waynewong3880 Год назад +10

I flew from Los Angeles to Toronto Pearson and back to LA without any problems this past July. I guess flying nowadays, luck is a factor…such as thunderstorms in the area, mechanical problems with the airplane, staffing issues, and your plane late arriving. It was never as bad before Covid, and this seems to be the new norm, just as high gas prices and outrageous inflation. In the end, as long as the plane arrives safely is really the most important thing.

• @sepandttcexplorer
    @sepandttcexplorer Год назад +10

Good morning Johnny!! Good to have you back in Toronto! Hope you had a great time in Amsterdam!! I saw some many cool 😎 pictures of Amsterdam on your Instagram looks good 👍.. take care and get some rest!!! Cheers 🥂

• @moniquetrudeau5571
    @moniquetrudeau5571 Год назад +2

I used to fly from Winnipeg to Victoria between 2010-2016 with westjet I flew at least 6 times. Always had great service. My connecting flight was late one time and they even booked me first class because that’s all they had so I was very grateful and only had to wait one hour. That’s what I call service.

• @rickyogima
    @rickyogima Год назад +3

Many joys in the stranger country you get to see see

• @jontooke846
    @jontooke846 Год назад +1

That was a great video thanks so much. You do or have done alot of traveling that is awesome.

• @P1mpMyBr1de
    @P1mpMyBr1de Год назад +2

I was there 2 day's ago and was chaotic. There's not enough space in the terminal and a London Heathrow flight had been cancelled due to thunder and the terminal quickly became very crowded and was almost a crush

• @denisegwilliams8614
    @denisegwilliams8614 Год назад +7

Great vlog asusual Johnny I hope they really get the airport organized 😩 traveling it self is a stress much less losing your luggages but I am pretty sure things will be back to normal soon👍 hope you had an awesome trip saw some clippings on IG 🥰

• @Matthew_P
    @Matthew_P Год назад +1

Loved this one

• @claytoncrawford
    @claytoncrawford Год назад +5

Dear Mr. Johnny Strides... I heard the word you were back.... I am seriously looking forward to more audacious vlogs... The type of vlogs that knock my socks off... The type of vlogs that Evil Scientist is featured and far too often is defeated by his own butterfingers... The type of vlog that Flat-Tire Bandit is snagged by his own silliness... The type of vlog that shouts out to the whole word.... I'm back!... Toronto!... I'm back... A holy smokes on your feet vlog that screams with the voice of an evangelist...The day of the rapture is upon us oh flock, and thank the Great Spirit Toronto's Johnny Vlogger is back to official record this miraculous event... Amen!.... Hey, John, nice to have you home in Toronto... Sincerely, Clayton Crawford.... the end... always in Good Taste... Be Supportive and Subscribe

• @alibhg3063
    @alibhg3063 Год назад +3

Glad you had a nice vacation!

• @Nouvellecosse
    @Nouvellecosse Год назад +3

Oh well, it may not be ideal but at least you were able to find a place to take off. 😊

• @blundt1
    @blundt1 Год назад +3

Hey I’m also flying to Amsterdam from YYZ in September. I’m so lucky you also had the same trip so I can know get a feel of what the airport situation is like, hopefully the delays wont be too bad and god forbid a random testing that’ll make me miss my flight

• @shapeoftimes
    @shapeoftimes Год назад +2

We went a few weeks back from Toronto to Miami and it wasn't bad at all. But somebody told us they missed the flight the day before due to long lines....

• @decentrecipeswithrubab7972
    @decentrecipeswithrubab7972 Год назад +1

Wonderful video please keep sharing best of luck

• @Martarini
    @Martarini Год назад +1

Im travelling to Brazil september 27, so hopefully its all smooth going and nothing complicated happens.

• @johnpisch9353
    @johnpisch9353 Год назад +2

Hi John, Surprised how smooth you went thru YYZ, enjoy

• @brendafitzsimmins6866
    @brendafitzsimmins6866 Год назад +2

Hi Johnny. It was interesting watching you travel through pearson and seeing the crowds. I worked there for 2 years and it has changed a lot since i left. I drove the surrys. Im going to moncton in another week. I hope it isn't as hevtic as i see here. Safe trip.

• @lilystonne4108
    @lilystonne4108 Год назад +4

The airlines are in a mess. 2 weeks ago my daughter and I drove from Toronto to Charlottetown PEI for an archery tournament. She decided to drive 2 days rather than fly in order to avoid the inconveniences of air travel. As it turned out, she was absolutely right because a couple of teenagers arrived in Charlottetown without their archery equipment which was stuck at the airport in Montreal. Holy cow! They had to purchase new equipment on the spot in order to participate in the event they had come for. I hope they received compensation for the added expense. I hope your trip turns out to be trouble free.

• @alibhg3063
      @alibhg3063 Год назад +1

Yikes. Airlines in the states are having issues too. Glad I don't have to travel. I would love to go to PEI someday though. How were the gas prices and traffic?

• @leadnsteel1428
      @leadnsteel1428 Год назад +1

People should have expected this especially in Canada where they laid off half of the staff. Also shortage of pilots as well now.

• @lilystonne4108
      @lilystonne4108 Год назад +2

@@alibhg3063 I cannot complain about the traffic in PEI when I am used to Toronto conditions. One curious thing about PEI roads are the prevalence of roundabouts at the intersections instead of traffic lights. Apparently, the traffic flows better without having to stop but it possible to vier off onto another street if you are not paying attention. Not so, counters my daughter who is in favour of roundabouts. The gas prices were much higher than Ontario. You start noticing the higher prices as soon as you enter Quebec and they don’t get better in the Maritime provinces.

• @kathleenwallace1165
    @kathleenwallace1165 Год назад +1

Interesting!

• @vebeccatofft3115
    @vebeccatofft3115 Год назад +2

Thanks for the video! (from a travel agent 🙂)

• @chilibean215
    @chilibean215 Год назад +4

We were on vacation in UK last week and the flight from Stuttgart to Newcastle via Heathrow was an absolute desaster on waiting times and delays. We started with a delay of 30 minutes at Stuttgart. At Heathrow we had to change and nearly missed our connecting flight due to the waiting times at the second security check after the border control. Me made at the last second and the gate was already closing. The our plane had issues with one of the systems as we stood on the runway ready for takeoff. We had to go back to a parking position and wait for an engineer to solve this issue. After that we started with a delay of 2 hours.

• @keithng2517
      @keithng2517 Год назад +2

I agree with you with Heathrow, its crazy with the queues there. Like the security keep making their queues longer and longer just getting to security. totally nuts. A good waste of 2 hrs in queue

• @elsahelgason6609
      @elsahelgason6609 Год назад +1

@@keithng2517 why should they did to your flight’s?! Getting longer and longer. Hong Kong government shall make sure you safety; what reasons that I didn’t fire the governor in Hong Kong and what can he do for me in Hong Kong just only arranges of your flight come on time. I don’t even knows about the HK governor doing to get paid by the Corporation for?! It’s made me so angry about it. I could cancelled all the government pay checks.

• @waryaawariiri1812
    @waryaawariiri1812 Год назад +3

I last used that Tim Hortons in Sept. 2019 on my way to Nairobi, via London. It was around 11pm that time, no lineup.
    P.S. - I used to work at Pearson's T1 in 2008 as a customer assistant (wheelchair helpers). It was relatively new terminal then.

• @MonkeyspankO
    @MonkeyspankO Год назад +2

As a kid, I used to love to travel no more.

• @paulready8897
    @paulready8897 Год назад +1

Thank you for the informative video. Been thinking of taking EVA air to Asia. This look like the easiest airport to do the international transfer from the US.

• @manoharan2415
    @manoharan2415 Год назад +2

congratulations brother, A.manoharan from India.

• @dashkhuuerdenebileg4023
    @dashkhuuerdenebileg4023 Год назад +1

Hi sir,
    I know one passenger is allowed to have only one cabin baggage during the flight. But what about other additional big baggage or checked baggage? Could you tell me at which part of the video I should leave my other baggage other than cabin baggage? Should I leave my other big baggage at security part?
    Thank you

• @dylanreynolds8264
    @dylanreynolds8264 Год назад +4

good morning johnny how was your trip

• @gabrielday9519
    @gabrielday9519 Год назад +2

Why isn't Hartsfield Airport ranked up there?

• @christophercddelrosariocoish
    @christophercddelrosariocoish Год назад +2

Why don't you do Billy Bishop Toronto City Island Airport Departures, flying to Thunder Bay from BBTCA (YTZ)

• @jonasmalloy5629
    @jonasmalloy5629 Год назад +2

Hi Johnny good video. The problem starts coming back. You said why do tourists not find other destinations . Well Iam in the UK and my wife and I travel to TO. In a few weeks. We have been coming for 17 years but this will be the last. Like so many tourists it has been difficult to get refunds during COVID so most have been continually just changing their vacation to next year then next year. 2022 is the first chance to travel and remember there was no arriveCAN app until just recently. Anyway keep up the good work maybe see you in the street. PS what's the difference between a subway mask and an airport mask. Answer 1 you can keep in your pocket

• @SweetShimotekutafuto
    @SweetShimotekutafuto Год назад +1

Dang, covid got rid of the speedy moving sidewalk….😑. It was long and continuous compared to the regular moving sidewalk

• @irtbmtind89
      @irtbmtind89 Год назад

It was one of a kind and was a nightmare to maintain and get parts for, lots of one-off and bespoke parts that had to be made in Germany. Even pre-COVID it was often down for weeks and months at a time. I suspect the GTAA will eventually replace it with regular walkways parallel to the existing ones.

• @hd365expytb2
    @hd365expytb2 4 месяца назад

So if I fly from the US to a third country via YYZ, to get to the international departure gates, which I guess are not isolated from the Canadian domestic gates, I will have to officially enter Canada. Is this correct? (I once flew from Europe to the US via YYZ, I remember I went straight to the US preclearnce facility without officially enterting Canada. Just curious what would happen in the opposite direction)

• @mairinbrennan8711
    @mairinbrennan8711 Год назад +4

Hi Johnny, I’m taking the same flight this week. Any advice? Do I need to get to the airport more than 3 hours in advance?

• @JohnnyStrides
      @JohnnyStrides  Год назад +3

3 hours should be plenty! (if the conditions are the same as when I went)

• @aaronr.g.363
      @aaronr.g.363 Год назад +2

I’ll be leaving Saturday, three hours ahead. Thank you for the video

• @TD-di1hq
    @TD-di1hq Год назад +1

PM is doing everything to go digital

• @JohnnyStrides
      @JohnnyStrides  Год назад +3

Imagine having to download an app for every single country you visit?
      ArriveCan is an abomination.

• @anifercas
    @anifercas Год назад +2

Worst airport in the world!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Mexico's city airport said HOLD MY BEER

• @JohnnyStrides
      @JohnnyStrides  Год назад +1

At the time it was in terms of flight delays... (which is what I mentioned in the video)

• @gillwdale
    @gillwdale 11 месяцев назад

Toronto Pearson, not even close to the worst Airport in the world. Cheers!

• @TransCanadaPhil
    @TransCanadaPhil Год назад +1

I work at the Winnipeg airport. Toronto's is just too huge. My feet would be killing me if I had to walk around the Toronto airport all the time. ☺️✌️

• @javairreid1653
    @javairreid1653 Год назад +2

Hey Johnny love your content brother but I wanna give you an idea to more views.. make a thumbnail that looks exciting or shocking.. example “you never would believe what I seen” with a shocking face expression on the thumbnail😊👍

• @Aces77777
    @Aces77777 Год назад +5

Is Air Canada a lot better now?

• @handdryerwithjaece3184
    @handdryerwithjaece3184 10 месяцев назад

Why did you say Toronto Airport is the worst Airport in the world

• @davecarroll5189
    @davecarroll5189 Год назад +1

Shame you didn't do checked baggage.

• @JohnnyStrides
      @JohnnyStrides  Год назад

lol... I never check baggage, not worth the headache.

• @touringthecitywalking9209
    @touringthecitywalking9209 Год назад +1

I am watching you after some months, and I can say, you put up some extra weight lol! But don't worry, you still look cute like before. 😜

• @purpledream1045
    @purpledream1045 Год назад +2

That’s not the best also not the worst. lol

• @JohnnyStrides
      @JohnnyStrides  Год назад

In terms of flight delays it was (at the time of recording)