Another Razor Sharp Global G-2 Chef’s Knife

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 10 июн 2024

Комментарии • 13

• @josecordoba5621
    @josecordoba5621 Месяц назад

Great advice as always. I totally agree with the over honing. It was my nemesis at the start and as you said a couple of light passes is all you need.

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  Месяц назад

Appreciate the confirmation.

• @buckw65
    @buckw65 Месяц назад

I'm learning more all the time. Thanks so much

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  Месяц назад

Cool! May I ask what you picked up in this video?

• @buckw65
      @buckw65 Месяц назад

@iSharpen one thing was that a harder metal could change the grind of the wheel

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  Месяц назад +1

@@buckw65 had to learn that one the hard way. It’s one way I test how hard a mystery knife is.
      Remember that school job I just did with 55 knives and 22 scissors? I did all the knives without needing to regrade the wheel even once because the knives were soft standard stainless steal. But one global or quality Japanese knife will knock the grains off the wheel in a few minutes.
      Even an X50 knife like a Wusthof will smooth the wheel. That’s why I love the SG250. It feels “alive”.
      Appreciate the feedback.

• @buckw65
      @buckw65 Месяц назад

@iSharpen learning to feel and hear a wheel change grit will take some time in the saddle I think. I'm working overtime this weekend so I can order my new grinding wheel.....woooohoooo

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  Месяц назад

@@buckw65 Just run your thumb on it while it's running. You'll feel it right away. Do you grade it with diamond plates? If not, I strongly advise you buy a few 80 and 320 grit diamond plates. I did a whole video on them on the old channel. Might have to do another one if there's a need.

• @thanhdoanrepair
    @thanhdoanrepair Месяц назад

Nice video

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  Месяц назад

Thanks, do you sharpen?

• @hbarncraftworks3447
    @hbarncraftworks3447 2 дня назад

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone starting out on the tip of the blade. Interesting.

• @iSharpen
      @iSharpen  День назад

I’m the only one as far as I can tell. I’m thinking of doing a video explaining why and how I think it’s the best way by far.
      I’ve been doing it this way for quite a while now and my tips are always perfect. Doing it the other way always ends up with odd looking incomplete tips and weird looking heels too.
      This way I get good tips and heels. I think it’s the way everyone should do them.