RED Komodo 6k Anamorphic - vazen 28mm t2.2

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 25 окт 2024

Комментарии • 63

• @PeteMajarich
    @PeteMajarich Год назад +1

I have the Vazen 28 also! But running on the GH5. Your eye + komodo really makes it sing.

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  Год назад

thanks a lot for your kind words! the 28 is a little beast! i love that lens haha

• @rene.rodriguez
    @rene.rodriguez Год назад +1

Lovely footage.

• @YasinKairul
    @YasinKairul 4 месяца назад

Artfulness

• @anthonyrock5039
    @anthonyrock5039 Месяц назад

wow looks great.

• @kaizammit
    @kaizammit 2 года назад +1

This was a nice little fined! What is the close up filter you mention?

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  2 года назад

thank you!it’s brand less close up filter. I think any filter will do it doesn’t affect the image. Cheers

• @xavieryt412
    @xavieryt412 3 года назад

Holy hell. One of the most beautiful Komodo demo over here.

• @HighDesertEntertainmentHDE
    @HighDesertEntertainmentHDE 3 года назад +1

Your video looks awesome on my Sony 4K TV! Got this lens coming this week for my Komodo. Can't wait!

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  3 года назад

Thanks man!! Wow congrats on the lens!

• @stevechang2135
    @stevechang2135 2 года назад +2

Very beautiful. Did you intentionally avoid the flares? Is your lens the amber or blue flare version?

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  2 года назад +1

Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Mine is the blue version, yes I tried not to have too much flares. The lens flares against lights, but not too pronounced which is what I prefer. I like it subtle. Cheers

• @stevenuseda6317
    @stevenuseda6317 2 года назад +2

Awesome! Thanks so much. Have you tried the vazen 40mm as well? Deciding between the 40mm or the 28mm as budget is tight and definitely can't buy both at once 😂

• @JeffXiaoAn

hey steven, yes i've tried the 40 and also the 65. used them on 3 different professional car commercials and i've kept the 28 and 65. i'll recommend u picking up the 28 first. its very easy to carry around, image is very good and also, do pick up 1x and 2x close up filters. cheap ones will do, and it can actually make the image look longer and closer and sharper. a stella lens, the 28 is my favourite lens for the komodo, period. and when budget is not too constrained, u can pick up the 65. i think 40 is a bit too close, 65 will give a totally different look. 40 sometimes can look similar. cheers

• @definingslawek4731
    @definingslawek4731 3 года назад +1

I was thinking of purchasing this very lens for my komodo... when I get the komodo :)

• @JeffXiaoAn

It’s a fantastic lens for Komodo~

• @FilmsProduction2024
    @FilmsProduction2024 2 года назад

28mm t2.2 ตัวเดียวใช่มั้ยครับ

• @ricktexas45
    @ricktexas45 3 года назад +1

1. how much did the remount cost? 2. i am seeing strong vignetting in many shots (e.g. 0:36) worse on the right side. Is the lens misaligned?

• @JeffXiaoAn

The vignetting isn’t that bad actually, but I was using a cheap ND filter and cranked it up quite high so it does contributes to the vignette.

• @JohanGassCommunications
    @JohanGassCommunications 2 года назад +1

Thanks for the video! Is the blue or amber version? The one time its flare, there was blue and amber flares...

• @JeffXiaoAn

hey thanks~ they don have different flares version. It might be due to the ND filter that I was using

• @definingslawek4731
    @definingslawek4731 3 года назад +2

Beautiful images!
    Did you add grain?

• @JeffXiaoAn

I did not add grain, sensor wasn’t calibrated so it adds a bit grain I think

•  Год назад +1

Fantastic work! I originally had the 40mm but about to return (dust, fibers inside etc) and it's humongous. While I was prepared for that, I figured I'd take another look at the 28.
    I noticed at 1:35 there is pronounced vignetting on the right side of the frame compared to the left side of the frame. Do you know if that is because of any decentering, the image circle being off-centered, or if it's because of the way light was hitting at that angle?
    Thanks so much! Looking to pick this up. Subbed.

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  Год назад +1

Hey Tim thanks a lot for the sub. My copy is an re-housed unit, it was originally an m43 mount. I think it was off centered at that time, I sent it in to fix it together with its focusing gear. It’s now very good. Yes, the 40 and also the 65 r huge, I wish they were smaller. But the image quality is really good. Cheers~

•  Год назад +1

@@JeffXiaoAn Awesome! Thanks so much for the response!

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  Год назад

@ no problem~ have a nice day!

• @albertoarsie8107
      @albertoarsie8107 Год назад

@@JeffXiaoAn Hi and great images!! Can you physically change the mount From MF fo RF? Or do you have to buy different versions? Thanks!

• @kyneticfilms
    @kyneticfilms 3 года назад +1

Incredible!!

• @dav
    @dav 2 года назад

I used the same lens and same settings anamorphic 6k 4:3 but I can’t seem to desqueeze within Redcine-x Pro. It only offers 1.6 and 2x desqueeze it seems, no 1.8…

• @aquardespakpahan4679
    @aquardespakpahan4679 2 года назад

Is the height sensor of the komodo cropped with anamorphic mode?

• @JeffXiaoAn

I believe so. It’s not an open gate 4:3

• @AbdalaBrothers
    @AbdalaBrothers 3 года назад

What adaptor are u using to make the 28mm mft fit the Komodo?

• @Dezdirectz
      @Dezdirectz 2 года назад

There is no adapter the vazen comes in the RF Mount

• @DastanZhumagulov
    @DastanZhumagulov 2 года назад

Does Komodo still max out at 40fps in 3:2 and 4:3 6k anamorphic modes?

• @JeffXiaoAn

yes it maxes out at 40 fps in anamorphic mode

• @dainbramage712
    @dainbramage712 3 года назад +1

Damn, looks really nice. Awesome grade too. Any LUTS here you'd recommend?

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  3 года назад +2

thanks a lot! i only used the factory lut 709 lut and graded from there. there's plenty of great luts out there, planning on trying the implulz ones. cheers~

• @unreal_m11
    @unreal_m11 3 года назад

Hey man, i got the same lens just yesterday for my Komodo, there is a subtle vignetting right?

• @JeffXiaoAn

Congrats man. Yes there is a slight vignetting, you can see in the video.

• @creativegreats6924
      @creativegreats6924 2 года назад

How do you work around this vignetting issue ?

• @marksmello
    @marksmello 3 года назад

This is awesome. How much of the image circle does it cover? How much did you need to crop in?

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  3 года назад +3

Thank you~ it covers the full 6k 4:3 circle with a little vignette that’s all. I did not crop in at all~

• @creativegreats6924
      @creativegreats6924 2 года назад +1

@@JeffXiaoAn would it be less vignetting on komodo if you filmed in 5k anamorphic?

• @JeffXiaoAn

@@creativegreats6924 hi the thing is, komodo doest have 5k anamorphic mode. hence i can only stick with 6k. cheers

• @creativegreats6924
      @creativegreats6924 2 года назад

@@JeffXiaoAn what do you mean you can only stick with 6k when it only has a 5k anamorphic option ?

• @JeffXiaoAn

my bad. komodo only does 6k anamorphic

• @definingslawek4731
    @definingslawek4731 3 года назад

With the anamorphic lenses on Komodo, can you record the full sensor? So you don't crop top and bottom for the wide aspect ratio?
    or is the sensor already wide aspect ratio

• @JeffXiaoAn

The short answer is no, if u choose to use anamorphic, it will cut top and bottom, hence the anamorphic look

• @definingslawek4731

@@JeffXiaoAn I thought one of the whole points of anamorphic in the film days was to get a wider image out of a normal frame. I wonder if there's any digital cameras that let you shoot full sensor read out, but get the wide aspect ratio that anamorphic can give you :)

• @JeffXiaoAn

Ur point is a little contradictory~ the anamorphic look is a wide aspect ratio, normally 2.35:1, then how can u get an anamorphic image with a full sensor? First thing it does it to make ur sensor a 4:3

• @definingslawek4731

@@JeffXiaoAn Ah okay, I just searched and found out the komodo sensor isn't actually squarish like photo bodies are, the aspect ratio is '1.9:1'
      So my question is then, when recording on anamorphic lenses, can you use full sensor read out ? to make an even wider aspect ratio than 1.9:1 without needing to crop top and bottom?

• @JeffXiaoAn
      @JeffXiaoAn  3 года назад +1

Komodo has anamorphic mode, it crops the sensor into a 4:3/ 6:3/ 4:5 or whatever u choose. U can of cos shoot in full 6k 17:9 resolution, with a larger anamorphic lens that covers the entire image circle and then do the de-squeeze in post. I don know if this is what u r asking for, don really understand your question mate.