Fixed income: Carry roll down (FRM T4-31)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 июл 2024
  • Financial Risk Manager (FRM, Topic 4: Valuation and Risk Models, Fixed Income, Bruce Tuckman Chapter 3, Returns, Spreads and Yields). The Carry-Roll-Down is the price change in the bond due exclusively to the passage of time. It is only one component of a bond's total profit and loss (P&L). The bond's total P&L equals Price Appreciation plus Cash Carry (i.e., coupon). Price Appreciation equals Carry-Roll-Down plus Price Change due to Shift in Rates (market risk) plus Price Change due to spread narrowing/widening (credit risk). Discuss this video here in our FRM forum: trtl.bz/2WkA3AA
    Subscribe for future tutorials on expert finance and data science ruclips.net/user/bionicturtl...
    Our email contact is support@bionicturtle.com (I can also be reached at davidh@bionicturtle.com)
    For other videos in our Financial Risk Manager (FRM) series, see one of the following playlists:
    Texas Instruments BA II+ Calculator
    • Texas Instruments BA I...
    Risk Foundations (FRM Topic 1)
    • Risk Foundations (FRM ...
    Quantitative Analysis (FRM Topic 2)
    • Quantitative Analysis ...
    Financial Markets and Products: Intro to Derivatives (FRM Topic 3, Hull Ch 1-7)
    • Financial Markets and ...
    Financial Markets and Products: Option Trading Strategies (FRM Topic 3, Hull Ch 10-12)
    • Financial Markets and ...
    FM&P: Intro to Derivatives: Exotic options (FRM Topic 3)
    • FM&P: Intro to Derivat...
    Valuation and RIsk Models (FRM Topic 4)
    • Valuation and RIsk Mod...
    #bionicturtle #risk #financialriskmanager #FRM #finance #expertfinance

Комментарии • 9

• @siyuancheng9575
    @siyuancheng9575 3 года назад +3

Bionic is always the best

• @wyh194
    @wyh194 4 года назад +3

Very clearly explained , thanks !

• @gowthamhuliyar
    @gowthamhuliyar 2 года назад

Thank you!

• @ashleyburger5986
    @ashleyburger5986 3 года назад +1

I think you mentioned using either forward or spot rates for discounting will get you the same result...im trying to understand this. I understand the link between spot, forwards and yields but seem to get muddled with which to use to discount cashflows to value the cashflows.

• @albertosantangelo6872
      @albertosantangelo6872 8 месяцев назад

he's used forward rates to discount cash-flows and get prices, but you would get the same price using spot rates to discount cash-flows, as long as you recover the curve of spot rates from the curve of forwards using the no-arbitrage formula that links the two type of rates

• @Mawesome111
    @Mawesome111 8 месяцев назад

GOAT!

• @prasadkamath1205
    @prasadkamath1205 4 года назад

thank you so much for this. really nice. Do you have the excel by any chance?

• @hnxssss
    @hnxssss 3 года назад +2

your "carry roll down" should be roll down and that coupon should be the carry

• @Best2024_job
    @Best2024_job 3 года назад

make it simpler