Great Joy Anamorphic Lens Test Canon C70, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm T2.9

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 28 сен 2024

Комментарии • 23

• @carreteFILMSPro
    @carreteFILMSPro 3 месяца назад

Gorgeous, thanks for uploading it on its original aspect ratio format, hate it when users upload content like this, but in the 1.78-2160p thing w/ silly black bars. Hahahhaa....

• @tommykozuba
    @tommykozuba 6 месяцев назад

Great shots! I only wonder if the back element of these lenses prevents the internal ND's to work?

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  6 месяцев назад +1

Hi there. Yes the internal ND filters still work properly.

• @tommykozuba
      @tommykozuba 6 месяцев назад +1

@@darwinmacon Thanks man! :)

• @BrooklynPro
    @BrooklynPro Год назад +1

this is sick !!!

• @Marcin_pl
    @Marcin_pl 7 месяцев назад

Amazing looking footage. It has the soft quality like in films. I just got that lens in 50mm and i am playing with it on my Panasonic S5 but it looks nothing like your footage :( Mine is sharp as a freakin razor. Would love to hear what setting exactly you shoot these with on your camera and what post production you did to achieve this look. Wondering if it's possible at all for S5 to mimic that cinematic soft look or not really.

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  7 месяцев назад

Thanks for the compliment. The C70 is naturally a little softer and some people complain about that, but it doesn’t bother me at all. I graded this with film convert and it helps with that filmic look, as well. I think the S5 could get very similar to this if you turn down any in-camera sharpening and use a film emulator like film convert or dehancer.

• @Marcin_pl
      @Marcin_pl 7 месяцев назад

​@@darwinmacon thanks! Appreciate the reply :) Yes, i actually had the dehancer on my list but haven't tried it yet. Will definitely do now lol.

• @sunnysidedown04
    @sunnysidedown04 5 месяцев назад

I just found a set of these but they’re RF mount. Do you know if they’d work with the C70?

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  5 месяцев назад

Yes the RF mount will work with the c70 and will look just like this.

• @Michaelkroh
    @Michaelkroh Год назад

Does the C70 image stabilization work with the Great Joys? I’m curious if it would be absolute jitter town if you went handheld with this combination

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  Год назад

I haven't tried the digital stabilization with these lenses but I imagine it would work... Some of this video was handheld on the 35 and 50. I had a monitor and top handle on it for some added weight and stability.

• @Michaelkroh
      @Michaelkroh Год назад

@@darwinmacon Interesting! Ok good to know. I heard that for some reason with the FX3, you had to disable the digital stabilization or else it would get all wonky. Glad to know that’s not the case with the C70. Especially if you didn’t add any warp stabilizer in post, looks super clean

• @nep7films69
    @nep7films69 Год назад

Would you recommend this ? Or sirui anamorphic ?
    As I’m trying to invest wide angle anamorphic for my c70

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  Год назад

I prefer these over the Sirui. I wish they had something close to a 20mm in the kit.

• @DaveSale-DKSALE
    @DaveSale-DKSALE Год назад

Hi Darwin,, what mount did you use. PL to RF?

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  Год назад

I used the EF Mount

• @DaveSale-DKSALE

@@darwinmacon I see. But not the speedbooster, aa I heard they dont work.

• @darwinmacon
      @darwinmacon  Год назад

@@DaveSale-DKSALE correct, it doesn’t fit with the speedbooster. I wish it did because without a speedbooster, I’m finding even the 35 is too tight for filming interior scenes.

• @DaveSale-DKSALE

@@darwinmacon Is that right? Im using the PL to RF mount. Wonder if there is any difference. I just have the 50mm and yes interiors quite tight. Looks pretty good.

• @DaveSale-DKSALE

@@darwinmacon Be nice to have a 20mm then

• @flog7592
    @flog7592 Год назад

Nice test !
    what's the spherical
    equivalent of the 85mm if you shoot in 16/9 and in 4/3 ?
    I wonder if it's enough to
    make a close shot on an interview when
    the A cam will shot with the 50mm..