5-Cylinder Soundtrack for £2200 - My Volvo S60 T5!

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 12 окт 2022
  • GET MONEY OFF A USED CAR CHECK WITH CARVERTICAL: www.carvertical.com/gb/landin...
    FIND THE BEST LEASE DEALS: leaselo.co/itsdanlatham-lease...
    I needed a cheap daily, so I went for a swedish barge that I've always wanted! This is a 2006 Volvo S60 facelift with the T5 engine, similar to that used in the Focus ST of the time. 260BHP from this sweet sounding sofa on wheels was good enough for the police force in the noughties, so let's see how I get on with it!
    📷 INSTAGRAM ► / itsdanlatham
    📧 BUSINESS ENQUIRIES ► danlathammedia@gmail.com
    What I use to record my videos:
    ● MAIN CAMERA ► amzn.to/3FaBo0k
    ● GOPRO ► amzn.to/3KKb0x9
    ● IN-CAR MOUNT ► amzn.to/3zbeSQV
    ● EXTERNAL MIC ► amzn.to/3hkgJg1
    ● SMALL TRIPOD ► amzn.to/3zWCARU
    ● IN-CAR LAV MIC ► amzn.to/3nhT17W
    ● BINAURAL MIC ► amzn.to/3tXtMLw
    ● AUDIO RECORDER ► amzn.to/3hkPTnM
    ● EDITING LAPTOP ► amzn.to/2X4t5C9
    ● EDITING STORAGE ► amzn.to/3hlrnTM
    Thanks for watching - If you enjoyed the video give it a 👍 and consider subscribing!
    *Purchasing items through affiliate links in the description earns me a small commission which helps the growth of the channel!
  • Авто/МотоАвто/Мото

Комментарии • 41

• @Vikingdescendent
    @Vikingdescendent Год назад +6

Stunning timeless design! I own a 2004 S60 and it still looks new...too many complaints for what you paid for a Volvo. A little TLC will give you a beauty!

• @Dreamlink91
    @Dreamlink91 3 месяца назад +2

Beside my 2015 Polestar here In North I also own this car with the same Silverblock 2.4 non turbo. 2.4 is the most reliable of silver blocks and you are lucky that you did not get 2.5 version they have very thin piston walls and can crack. Change your oil and enjoy amazing car, I love it. I swapped to 17" rims they look as good as 18 and give you more cushion. Drive it normaly it drinks about 7-8 liters its not that bad, full tank will still get you around 850-900km. But you have the 5 cylinder sound and power where u need.

• @streeatbeat
    @streeatbeat Год назад +10

its kinda silly how quick these things become with quite few mods. I have an 06 t5 with a manual with R injectors, 3 inch exhaust, bigger intercooler and a tune. They absolutely rip

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад

I’m tempted to do a few bits!

• @GoodGains90
      @GoodGains90 Год назад

How much power you got with those mods?

• @deathrager2404
      @deathrager2404 6 месяцев назад +1

@@GoodGains90 over 9000!!!!!

• @jockatee
    @jockatee 3 месяца назад +1

Take all the chrome off. Use a can of liquimoly engine flush with your next oil change (switch to a xx-40 weight oil), use a can of liqui moly jectron fuel system cleaner, a can of liqui moly valve clean, and then once all that stuff goes through your fuel system (with like 6 gallons of fuel) switch to dumping a ton of lucas upper cylinder lubricant in the tank.
    And voila! You'll be getting a solid 30 mpg. This is my rejuvenation scheme for these cars.

• @muckle8
    @muckle8 Год назад +4

That’s a beautiful car - fast , stylish and comfortable - only downside now in the Uk is the ridiculous fuel prices and mpg if you start pushing on!

• @aonghasmackichan8106
    @aonghasmackichan8106 Год назад +1

Got a 2003 s60 t5 manual box spaceball shifter 66.000 miles on the clock one weeks mot for a hundred quid never drove it for five years just sat on driveway until I recommissioned it last year new wishbones shocks springs calipers discs brake lines balljoints powdercoated wheels and much more worth every hour working on it amazing cars to drive

• @krisemm539
    @krisemm539 Год назад +2

Love the Mk1 S60 unbelievable cars for the money! If your looking for a it more mpg go for the D5 as that's what I have and you'll be pretty pleased with the power/torque and will still keep up with most cars and you still have that 5 cylinder noise. I get around 32 around town mixed driving.

• @peep25100
    @peep25100 24 дня назад

I've been driving with spaceball d5. It's reliable car and is pretty quick for a fuel economy. If I trust the computer right now in the summer it's taking 4.6 l/100km average. Perfect car for long drive. I have been thinking about getting t5 next to it for the days when I want a little bit more power and maybe some mods so I don't start moding my daily.

• @njwracingable
    @njwracingable Год назад +1

lovely work as always dan

• @HozniakMedia
    @HozniakMedia Год назад +1

I'd love to be there to see it too Dan! 👍 Fancy driving it across Europe? 😅
    Great video as always. I won't comment on the fuel cost issue as you know my stance on that 😁 Smiles per gallon as they say!
    It looks great though! What a mean looking thing! Giving me some sickening ideas 🙃

• @bubert8955
    @bubert8955 Год назад +1

With a same gen V70 2.4t optimized for 250hp and 410nm i feel you when it comes to the guzzling of petrol, a fun thing to do with these cars is just to chop off the rear muffler and replace it with 2.5 - 3.0 inch pipe. Sounds great. Alternatively get a whole catback exhaust if you want it to be a little bit quiter but still a nice sound :)

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад

I definitely think I need to extract a bit more noise from it !

• @mariuszblazejowski3520
    @mariuszblazejowski3520 Год назад +1

I've got same car 2005 S60 T5 B5244T5 Manual M66 4C Currently 350hp same colour Black Shappire Metalic.
    3" stainless steel exhaust
    3"catless downpipe
    200 cell sport cat
    Do88 intercooler
    Do88 oversized boost hard pipes and silicone hoses
    s60r green injectors
    audi rs4 maf
    3"Snabb intake
    Jetex performance air filter

• @Zunimassa97
    @Zunimassa97 Год назад

Great bargain. Will be a nice car to just have a bit of fun.

• @Viscosity-cb3xl
    @Viscosity-cb3xl Год назад +1

Love how my 2003 S60 T5 is quicker then Subaru WRX and Mustang V8. Very comfortable and that 5 Cylinder growl is gorgeous

• @GoodGains90
      @GoodGains90 8 месяцев назад

You raced a wrx and a mustang? I'm curious because I have a 06 t5 6 speed manual (m66) and I want to race a sti on a roll because i'm sure it would be a good race

• @Jollish
    @Jollish Год назад +2

Have the same, only with the manual. Had to search for it for years! Lovely car.. You also have the bi-xenon option, maybe you can search for those. Greetings from The Netherlands!

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад +2

Bi-xenon are an extremely rare and expensive find here unfortunately!

• @deathrager2404
      @deathrager2404 6 месяцев назад

pass money dan

• @ADM_K
    @ADM_K 10 месяцев назад

all i can say money well spent

• @steveprentice4513
    @steveprentice4513 3 месяца назад

An old man car that will push most cars up the road

• @1982craigyboy
    @1982craigyboy Год назад

I’m in same boat as yourself right now and looking at these as next runner. Can’t decide if I should plum for the T5 or the D5 and save the fuel money! I’m a sucker for a 5 pot though…. How does this thing do on motorway journeys for fuel then? Can live with it being thirsty local and when playing but if it can cruise well then I’m sold!

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад

Its around 25 town and 35 motorway (as long as you’re not too heavy footed!). The petrol will probably be more reliable. The auto box is a little lazy round town but it makes for a nice long distance cruiser. I’d be tempted to look at a manual D5 just to see what its like.

• @tonyl7286
    @tonyl7286 Год назад +1

The facelift P2 T5s (2.4) are fantastic cars, but the autobox is dim-witted and 4C isn't worth the metal they're made from. Trying to find one in good condition with the M66 manual and no 4C is practically impossible here in America, hoping to get one soon.

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад

I would have loved a manual, but they’re very rare and expensive here! The auto box is comfy but very lazy indeed

• @IwillBwaiting
    @IwillBwaiting 5 месяцев назад

Not same engine as an S60R (which is 2521cc like the 2.5 t (210hp)
    Your 2.4 T5 has 2401cc (the 2.3 pre version has 2319cc)

• @yungstockholm831
    @yungstockholm831 Год назад

Delete the rear muffler, lower it on lowering springs, and start upgrading the engine

• @pudingaomar6341
    @pudingaomar6341 Год назад

How reliable is this t5? How costly are the repairs? I m a bmw e60 owner and looking to buy one for my weekend ride.tq

• @ItsDanLatham
      @ItsDanLatham  Год назад

Reliability is supposedly pretty good. Solid engines besides the fact the larger capacity ones are less durable.

• @pudingaomar6341
      @pudingaomar6341 Год назад

@@ItsDanLatham the 2 .3 unit is solid right.what about its 5 speed gearbox?

• @razvandan8343
    @razvandan8343 Год назад

What’s the name of the wheels?

• @southeastpyro1006
    @southeastpyro1006 Год назад

Let me know if you sell it mate. I’ll have it off ya 👌🏼

• @KonradMarek-gq3kp
    @KonradMarek-gq3kp 4 месяца назад

12:50 You have a nice blue color of the bulbs in your car. What kind of bulbs are these? I have the same Volvo model... I wanted to install bulbs like the ones you have in your car ;]