Tech Review: Motorola Talkabout T480

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 24 сен 2015
  • Tech writer Jim Rossman talks about the Motorola Talkabout T480.

Комментарии • 14

• @JeffLeites
    @JeffLeites 8 лет назад +4

Misunderstanding of Privacy Codes is one of my pet peeves. Privacy codes are NOT sub-channels. They are codes that open the squelch on the receiving radio when it is set to the same code. Users in the same vicinity, using the same channel, but different codes, will interfere with each other. Since FM tends to capture the strongest signal, I imagine the interference would cause unit receiving the weaker signal to not open the squelch resulting in the transmission not being heard, and remaining silent. Furthermore, beware that a receiving unit set to privacy code 0, will hear all transmissions made on the channel regardless of the privacy code set on the transmitting unit.

• @gatesmw50
    @gatesmw50 3 года назад +1

Bought one and I am pleased with it. My only gripe is that my service monitor shows that on transmit it reads 1 kHz low. Then again it IS A 50 Dollar radio. It has enough positive features for me, and it is a keeper.

• @djtrickset
    @djtrickset 8 лет назад

Great vid! Are you able to charge an iPhone from it?

• @JohnSmith-kr6ek
    @JohnSmith-kr6ek 2 года назад

The ear jack a). Does it have one b). Can use a Headphones with Mic combo to bypass the talk key does it have vox?

• @Sandaesa
    @Sandaesa 6 лет назад +2

Batt are NiMh. Radio has inter modulation. Low performance but packed with Good features.

• @michaelloughlin734
    @michaelloughlin734 5 лет назад +1

Nice looking radios....

• @zamzamsarah
    @zamzamsarah 6 лет назад

I bought 2 of these and its on the way to me..so many negatif preview ..can anybody please at least tell me about this motorola T480

• @SanjayAgarwals
    @SanjayAgarwals 7 лет назад

I want to know some details about your talkabout.
    1) Will the supplied charger charge only the supplied motorola battery pack or it can also charge independent third party AA rechargeable batteries as well, when inserted in the radio?
    2) Are the supplied chargers 2 pin or 3 pin?
    3) Can you tell me the charger's input and output details, like volt, watt, etc.? I am from India (220-240V), and so will have to buy a step down voltage converter accordingly, if necessary?
    4) Please tell me the minimum (which channel) and maximum wattage (which channel) used by the radio, so that I can determine whether I need a licence or not, here in India.

• @depe9107
      @depe9107 5 лет назад

I can answer,but your question is expired i think

• @antong3987
    @antong3987 6 лет назад +3

NiMH ... not Lithium

• @realStefanLowe
    @realStefanLowe 6 лет назад

I think the only function this radio is missing is the VIBRA-CALL Alert.

• @airesacn
      @airesacn 6 лет назад

it does have that function.

• @RustyX2010
      @RustyX2010 5 лет назад

rather have an AM radio than FM

• @sabimateo7726
    @sabimateo7726 5 лет назад

Iogcioo