DIY Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 External Drive | 2X Faster than Samsung T7

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 14 окт 2024
  • I can always use more storage for all my photos and videos. Let’s check out the Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Enclosure today. It costs just a bit more than USB-C SSD drives like the Samsung T7 and SanDisk Extreme V2, but it’s twice as fast.
    Acasis USB4/TB3 SSD Enclosure: • BEST USB4.0 / Thunderb...
    Product Discussed:
    Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 SSD Enclosure: amzn.to/3kh6ev0
    Silicon Power NVMe M.2 Drive: amzn.to/3wurtxW
    Acasis USB4.0 / Thunderbolt 3 SSD Enclosure: amzn.to/3bM31Qe
    Samsung T7: amzn.to/2K29yv6
    SanDisk Extreme V2: amzn.to/2OEPQs9
    Gears Used:
    Camera Body: amzn.to/3maTrtj
    Wide Angle Prime Lens: amzn.to/33cITmv
    Wide Angle Zoom Lens: amzn.to/2HDnV7P
    Telephoto Zoom Lens: amzn.to/30hKm9m
    Microphone (Lavalier): amzn.to/3jiGqwl
    Microphone (Compact On-Camera): amzn.to/2S8pi0m
    Tripod: amzn.to/2ELkrPL
    Welcome to Tech4Baba! Please consider subscribing.
    Follow me on Instagram: / tech4baba
    Email: tech4baba@gmail.com
    #ssdenclosure #thunderbolt #ssd

Комментарии • 16

• @BrianLamb-rocketmanblamb
    @BrianLamb-rocketmanblamb 9 месяцев назад

This looks surprisingly similar to the Sabrent XTRM external drive.
    Have you seen that one and can it be opened(albeit maybe with tools?)

• @joedfelipe
    @joedfelipe 2 года назад +3

M1 still limits the bandwidth to half even if the enclosure is Thunderbolt? I thought the limitation only applies to USB 3.1 Gen 2

• @Tech4Baba
      @Tech4Baba  2 года назад +1

I've gotten faster speed with other enclosures, ruclips.net/video/PnYaFHwUsUw/видео.html, but none achieves the theoretical max TB3 speed of course. Thanks for watching and sharing, Joed!

• @Joe-ot5bo
      @Joe-ot5bo Год назад +1

Pretty sure this dude doesn't own an actual thinderbolt cable. T7 with a thunderbolt cable is faster than his NVME "thunderbolt 3" test

• @bassyey
      @bassyey Год назад

​@@Joe-ot5bo Wait this product doesn't come with a Thunderbolt cable?

• @Joe-ot5bo
      @Joe-ot5bo Год назад

@@bassyey No idea. I got mine on eBay. But it is always wise to check if your USB C cable is actually thunderbolt and not just usb3

• @Ennoori
    @Ennoori 2 года назад +3

You have to peel both side of thermal pad otherwise the plastic film is a blocking heat transfer

• @Tech4Baba
      @Tech4Baba  2 года назад

Yes, good point, Noureddine! Thanks for watching and sharing.

• @MrDands
    @MrDands Год назад +1

Where can I get a ruler like yours?

• @carlosalfredozappala2387
    @carlosalfredozappala2387 Год назад +1

I will not buy it because of the notch in the thunderbolt 3 input. I am coming from an adapter Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 and it does not have any notch in the male connector. It wont get inside.

• @nucentury08
    @nucentury08 Год назад

Will this work with my M2 Pro Maxbook pro ?

• @markvelber8664
    @markvelber8664 11 месяцев назад

In my opinion, your speed test was not conclusive, because the test you performed wasn't for the Thunderbolt SSD enclosure speed test but it was the speed test for an SSD Nvme drive itself.

• @melodychest9020
      @melodychest9020 День назад

Actually the interface of this particular Sabrent enclosure is a PCIe 3.0 x 2 transfer mode, so the speeds he got were correct for the enclosure. You have to read the fine print of the specs of this enclosure to find that!

• @IC-kf4mz
    @IC-kf4mz Год назад +1

What is the difference between this that costs $99 and "SABRENT USB 3.2 Type C Tool Free Enclosure" which costs only $28. I get the same speed for 970 Evo Plus.

• @Tech4Baba
      @Tech4Baba  Год назад +1

Thanks for watching and asking, IC1101! The transfer speed is different. One has a Thunderbolt 3 port which can go up to 40 Gbps; the other has a USB 3.2 port which can go up to only 10 Gbps. You can see my review of an USB3.2 enclosure here: ruclips.net/video/6l373L0TKMo/видео.html.

• @melodychest9020
      @melodychest9020 День назад

@@Tech4Baba A bit late here, but this drive is very much still selling in Amazon so worthwhile pointing out for buyers considering this, that this enclosure is a PCIe 3.0 x 2 lanes only capability .. so can expect speeds of around 1600 MB/s nothing more, irrespective of what drive you put in it. PCIe 3.0 x 4 will give us around 3000 MB/s normally but this enclosure will not. Still, it is a good drive for people with older laptops with a thunderbolt USB C port .. quite handy and good enough speed and the make is good.