Lenovo ThinkPad T510

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 27 окт 2024

Комментарии • 46

• @LaptopRetrospective
    @LaptopRetrospective 4 года назад +3

The memory controller on the T510 cannot handle anything more than the RAM you've stated as far as I know, even with BIOS modification.
    Odd port next to the Firewire is USB+eSATA. Worse CPUs than this one were available including some i5 400 series as well as the i3.
    Your fan theory for i7 makes sense since they had beefier fans due to them being Quad Core.
    Great video as always!

• @drino955jug3
    @drino955jug3 2 года назад +2

Good review, thx

• @airborneranger-ret
    @airborneranger-ret 3 года назад +1

I just picked up a W520 with SSD and 24GB (32GB max) of RAM. Very happy with it as my daily driver.

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  3 года назад +2

W520 is very powerful and does well with CPU upgrades iirc. You can put a top end quad-core from that generation in with little issue on power and thermals.

• @airborneranger-ret
      @airborneranger-ret 3 года назад +1

@@retropcdurham Can you suggest a quad-core CPU?

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  3 года назад +1

@@airborneranger-ret look for one of these
      i7-2920XM (2.50GHz 55W)
      i7-2820QM (2.30GHz 45W)
      i7-2760QM (2.40GHz 45W)
      i7-2720QM (2.20GHz 45W)
      i7-2620M (2.70GHz 35W)
      IMO if you can find the i7-2760QM at a good price is the best performance for the power

• @cwmoser
    @cwmoser 2 года назад +1

My main Laptop is the W510 - 1920x1080 nVidia I purchased off Ebay. I've installed a 250GB SSD, bought a docking station on Ebay, and a new 90++ battery. I get 2 hours battery life until I get the 25% warning. I dumped the Windows 10 installation and went with Ubuntu 20.04. Runs great and the display is really crystal clear. Certainly not a state of the art laptop but it serves my purpose. Old i7 cpu's still run pretty fast.
    I also have a T510 but the display is not as nice and it has an i5 processor, but still a decent low cost laptop.

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  2 года назад

I'm a fan of mobile workstations, from as far back as the ThinkPad 770, big and powerful

• @kingremedy_
    @kingremedy_ 9 дней назад

How do u fix low power wattage on this machine. I have that problem. Help me out pls.

• @joeyhcmc
    @joeyhcmc 2 года назад +2

Did you have the sound being cut-off on the speakers? If yes, how did you fix it?

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  2 года назад +1

I don't think I had any sound issues with this system, but it could be a driver issue

• @wilou62
    @wilou62 3 года назад +2

Hello,
    Nice machine. I confirm that if you want and the thinklight and the backlit keyboard, the T430 provides the two systems. Otherwise, you talk about the fingerprint reader on your machine, but I think it's the color sensor (the fingerprint reader is on the right of the palmrest on these models, and the color sensor is on the same level, whereas the fingerprint reader is a little lower that the palmrest.
    W.

• @musicmoviesandgames2004
    @musicmoviesandgames2004 4 года назад +1

I have one of these with its original install of Windows 7 Pro

• @sharlettreittie2275
    @sharlettreittie2275 2 года назад +1

Iam for a replacement can you help me order, it T510 Lenovo, LP156wha2
    P/N 27R2480 or27R2488

• @retropcdurham

If you can't find a replacement on eBay, you can also try www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Lenovo/THINKPAD%20T510%204313/

• @joeyhcmc
    @joeyhcmc 3 года назад +1

Conexant 20585 Smat Audio problem. Lenovo T510 goes on mute after several minutes of playing AUDIO/VIDEO applications

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  3 года назад +1

It might help to install the windows 7 audio package in place of the HD audio that Windows 10 uses

• @joeyhcmc
      @joeyhcmc 3 года назад +1

@@retropcdurham Am trying it now and it seems to work. Thanks!

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  3 года назад

@@joeyhcmc Great!

• @akumaui1481
    @akumaui1481 3 года назад +1

Hello.. i cant find the bluetooth button on my keyboard?

• @retropcdurham

Fn+F5 is the usual for radio on/off, I don't remember there being a dedicated Bluetooth button

• @peterwilson9392
    @peterwilson9392 2 года назад +1

Hi I just recently got a used T510 but its a japan version with intel i3 processor 4GB ram came with japamese win10 so I downloaded linux mint 20.1 so it runs as a dual boot with Mint the first boot. Also since adding linux its much more stable even windows.

• @qwertyuser8541
    @qwertyuser8541 2 года назад +1

Can i buy this to play valorant ??
    If it had 8gb ram plus an SSD & CPU:- i5 m520.

• @qwertyuser8541
      @qwertyuser8541 2 года назад

50-60 fps is fine

• @retropcdurham

You could probably get away what Valorant on min settings, but I think that upgrading the CPU to a quadcore would be a good idea as well, as a dual core CPU is going to be a bottleneck for modern games that actually make use of multithreading.

• @fabio2007_
    @fabio2007_ 4 года назад +2

Can you teach me how to make restart T510 pleas

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  4 года назад

I just used a standard usb key installer and had no issues getting OS install completed.

• @xcoolmsa2746
    @xcoolmsa2746 2 года назад +1

Where is the pinhole button

• @retropcdurham

If you need to do a reset you need to pull the battery and CMOS and let everything fully discharge. You can speed that up a bit by holding the power button for 2-3 minutes while both batteries are removed.
      If you are just looking to reset the power (ie BIOS is fine) then just remove the battery and hold the power for 30 seconds.

• @sumpitbaja6740
    @sumpitbaja6740 3 года назад +2

Does it run slow on windows 10 ?

• @retropcdurham

It runs pretty good actually. Upgrading to 8GB of memory and replacing the disk drive with an SSD would help with performance as well

• @Dr.S.SreeVishwa
      @Dr.S.SreeVishwa 2 года назад

I am using this laptop since 2016 - came with win7 ultimate- I have i7, 768p, 500GB HDD, intel graphics. 4GB RAM. i am using this laptop now with win 11 ( custom made - not the original)
      now coming to your question. it runs but better upgrade it to 8GB ram and SSD, for daily usage of media consumption.

• @margiepamintuan613
    @margiepamintuan613 2 года назад +1

Can you use it for more than 8 hours a night?

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  2 года назад +2

At it's current battery health I'd say about 2 hours on battery saver.

• @margiepamintuan613
      @margiepamintuan613 2 года назад +1

@@retropcdurhamThanks ❤

• @englishforbengalimediumstu7529
    @englishforbengalimediumstu7529 11 месяцев назад +1

It is fast. How?

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  11 месяцев назад

It would be much better with an SSD installed

• @inoth79
    @inoth79 3 года назад +2

Hello, can you please tell me if after the windows 10 installation, where can I find the required drivers for this lenovo ?? Thank you

• @LM-fq3ot
    @LM-fq3ot 4 года назад +1

Hi i am about to buy myself a t510 i7. Do you think he can run a program like Photoshop and family video editing software? Greetings

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  4 года назад +1

For graphics obviously discrete will give you a better experience
      For processing, the i7-620m should be fine for Photoshop, but video processing I think more cores is really important, so looking at a next gen T520 where you can upgrade to a quad-core i7 would definitely help

• @LM-fq3ot

@@retropcdurham
      Hi, thanks for your advice. I will think about it carefully. Greetings

• @LM-fq3ot

@@retropcdurham
      Hi, I am thinking of choosing a W530 i7 instead. It is a bit more expensive but it is certainly worth it. Good continuation

• @retropcdurham
      @retropcdurham  4 года назад +1

@@LM-fq3ot Absolutely! I am a big fan of ThinkPad W and P models

• @swiffty-driffty21
    @swiffty-driffty21 2 года назад +1

no shit sherloch