Комментарии • 39

• @moxzilla6
    @moxzilla6 4 года назад +15

Had this amp for close to 10 years now still good and strong

• @justinTime077
      @justinTime077 3 года назад

• @blairz28
      @blairz28 2 года назад

what tube does it use because mine sounds like the tube is dying.

• @DamienSawyer
      @DamienSawyer 2 года назад

@@blairz28 He says it in the first 30 seconds. 1 x 12AX7?

• @leonpio1
    @leonpio1 4 года назад

Mesmo com um baita fone de ouvido, fica impossível este vídeo passar a realidade sonora desse amp. É, com certeza, um dos 3 melhores amps de 2 falantes do mundo. Timbre incomparável. Toque pra ver

• @diegosilvavasco
      @diegosilvavasco Год назад

Sério? Estou pra comprar um por 1500 reais, então vale a pena?

• @rekdinhopoetico
    @rekdinhopoetico 7 лет назад +3

Eu adquiri um, testei, liguei umas 2x, resolvi vender por estar adquirindo um Peavey 50 classic.
    Todavia, o Vox é muito versátil, dada a quantidade alta de efeitos. Para usufruir disso é interessante adquirir o foot.

• @allancampbell8573
    @allancampbell8573 8 лет назад +1

i have a vox valtronics ad 60 and the sound and effects are amazing. Replicated tube sound is great but after a few years it started cutting out after playing for a while. Had it fixed twice. problem j6st comes back after a while

• @ThePonchovader
      @ThePonchovader 8 лет назад +1

Excuse me, does your amp turns on and off even without having the guitar connected? And have you been able to fix the problem? Because I'm having the same problem too

• @otcmetal1591
      @otcmetal1591 5 лет назад +2

Mine started doing that, and I sprayed contact around the wattage selector on the inside, and all the jacks. Completely cured it!

• @gzalaha
    @gzalaha 10 лет назад +4

Thought there were eight saleable presets? Maybe he just referenced just one bank.

• @robrob988
    @robrob988 3 года назад +1

the tube is NOT in the pre-amp section as you would expect! It is in the power-amp section.

• @BeachCat
      @BeachCat Год назад

No, it is not. There are NO tubes in the VT120+ It is a completely solid state amp that they claim is "based upon" another amp with a tube in it. That tube is in the driver stage anyway, not even the power stage. It's completely useless as far as tone is concerned. Amp manufacturers just love throwing the word "tube" in their marketing jargon in creative ways to fool people into buying their products. If they actually believed in what they sold they would be more honest about it.

• @joschelei262
      @joschelei262 Год назад +1

@@BeachCat There is a 12xa7 in the pre amp and it does make a difference. Aside from the particle board construction, this is a wonderful amp.

• @ericvanthof
    @ericvanthof 3 года назад

This system has 99 preset modes, from which 66 are described in the Owner's Manual. But for 33 preset modes I could not find any description anywhere. Not in the documentation, not in the reviews and not here in the videos.
    I understand there are 33 amp models, which are described on pages 22 to 25 in the Owner's Manual. These 33 preset modes correspond with preset mode switch "green" / "basic".
    There are also 33 typical presets for famous hit songs, which are described on page 35 in the Owner's Manual. These 33 preset modes correspond with the preset mode switch "red" / "song".
    However, what is left are the 33 preset modes for "orange" / "effect". I would like to have a description of these preset modes too, but I cannot find it anywhere. These missing 33 "effect" presets are for the above mentioned 33 amp models, but with added effects. The added effects however seem random to me; there is no description and no logic. Can someone help me filling the gaps?

• @chriscolabella880
    @chriscolabella880 4 года назад

Great amp and nice playing. Tasteful shredding? Whatever next.

• @sundu21
    @sundu21 9 лет назад +1

can you help me with the patches ?

• @cobowe
    @cobowe 2 года назад

What let’s these down is the jack sockets....
    Otherwise they’re great I’ve had my two for 16 years

• @dothnamblues8178
    @dothnamblues8178 Год назад

Algún usuario me ayudaría con las instruccion para resetear el equipo.
    Saludos

• @bristolfashion4421
    @bristolfashion4421 Год назад

There was another one it was made elsewhere and throws another thing with vim and great whoosh - also there are many more nobs which is Really Great - when we twang and grangle we no it's different with same thing and very gloamy wangles with spert and triiiiinnnngggg - they all look and say Oh The Rock God/dess Oh Yes...

• @AmpsforBuddha
    @AmpsforBuddha 10 лет назад +1

I will need to hear this in person. …I'm currently listening to this on some studio headphones and it sounds oftly thin. Could be the mic, the guitar (which GLP model is that?), RUclips.

• @JacobHalfman
      @JacobHalfman 9 лет назад +1

Amps for Buddha It's because your wearing studio headphones

• @djung9064
      @djung9064 9 лет назад

+Amps for Buddha it sounds really good. However, the only thing I worry about is the durability of the valvetronix circuit. I think the circuit is poor quality.

• @wallygermany5615
      @wallygermany5615 5 лет назад +2

Amps for Buddha this amp rocks live

• @maximuslongrod6361
      @maximuslongrod6361 5 лет назад

Ofly?

• @fall0ut007
      @fall0ut007 4 года назад +3

Recently I have acquired this amp used and I can say that it may sound thin due to him playing at a low wattage. I usually play in like a 35 - 45 watt rating and it just jams more and more as you increase it.

• @gymhourfee
    @gymhourfee 3 года назад

More of a advertising than a "How to"...

• @kosmicwizard
    @kosmicwizard 4 года назад +1

This guy doesn't understand the purpose of the tube in this amp, nor does he know how to set it up to coax a great tone out of it.

• @nickrandles1102
      @nickrandles1102 3 года назад

So tell us?

• @kosmicwizard
      @kosmicwizard 3 года назад +1

@@nickrandles1102 he has everything at noon and the master and power scaling at 8 o'clock. One of the knobs (either gain or volume) is connected to the 12ax7 tube, so you have to turn it up to like 3 o'clock and send some voltage through the tube in order to hear it working. But because the power section is ss you don't want to crank the master volume knob up, as it will produce square wave distortion which is unpleasant to the human ear. Hope that helped.

• @nickrandles1102
      @nickrandles1102 3 года назад +1

@@kosmicwizard no actually I think you may have just solved a problem I’ve been having with where the volume knob needs to be, so thank you!!

• @Skralax
      @Skralax 2 года назад

@@kosmicwizard The tube is in the Power section not Pre-amp...did none of you look into the video made by VOX themselves?
      ruclips.net/video/WEuRLWqjpok/видео.html&ab_channel=VoxAmps

• @cyberraisin
    @cyberraisin 10 лет назад

these valvetronix amps are built like shit. if you hold the internal board it flops down the middle

• @JacobHalfman
      @JacobHalfman 9 лет назад

Vince D Since when does that affect the sound?

• @djung9064
      @djung9064 9 лет назад +1

+Jacob Halfman I bought one and it crapped out on me. Mine started making a tone noise that oscillated in pitch and then the amp started cutting out. I thought it was my guitar, but it was not. I even tried a smaller practice amp version of Vox brand new in the store and it started cutting out on me. The sound is amazing when it works, but the durability of Vox is where I tread carefully.

• @alexserafini5205
      @alexserafini5205 8 лет назад

+Jacob Halfman When it gets taken gigging and it snaps in half, you'll have your answer

• @BeachCat
    @BeachCat Год назад

Excuse me, but there are NO tubes in this amp whatsoever! Vox says the VT120+ is "based upon their Reactor amp circuit" in their Blue Series amps, which has a 12AX7 in ITS driver stage, NOT its power stage, which , if it were in the power stage, would only give you tube distortion when it's maxed out at at least 100 watts anyway. Driver stages just provide a current boost for the power amp and have zero effect on the tone of the signal if designed correctly. In any event, there are NO tubes in this amp and to say otherwise is completely misleading. Whatever these amps may be good for, this reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about. If you want tube sound, get a real tube amp, from someone who does know what he or she is talking about.