Put-call parity (T3-34)

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 29 сен 2024
  • [my XLS is here trtl.bz/2IzY0ui] We can synthesize stock ownership with a synthetic forward plus cash: S(0) = (c-p) + K*exp(-rT). That's put-call parity! My memorization mnemonic is "call plus cash equals protective put:" c + K*exp(-rt) = p + S(0). Discuss this video here in our FRM forum: trtl.bz/2LNdIYg.

Комментарии • 16

• @tsunningwah3471
    @tsunningwah3471 10 месяцев назад

i love you man although i am a dude

• @pratheeshbnair4115
    @pratheeshbnair4115 2 года назад

Thx 4 video. One silly doubt.. (I am a beginer though) what does value of put/ call mean? Is it payoff because of those or initial premium of those? From video i can see parity it is working for both concepts. But i am confused bit.

• @mrhumble234
      @mrhumble234 2 года назад +1

The value of the put or call just means the price that someone is willing or should be willing to pay for that option. If the price were different based on the underlying parameters, there would be an arbitrage opportunity where you could either long the synthetic futures and short the futures or you can short the synthetic forward and long the forward for a riskless profit.

• @pratheeshbnair4115
      @pratheeshbnair4115 2 года назад

@@mrhumble234 thanknyou very much

• @EthelGwatipedza
    @EthelGwatipedza 10 месяцев назад

thank you

• @bmwman5
    @bmwman5 4 года назад

Why is Put Call Parity important for American style options? Is it b'cos of arbitrage opportunities??

• @AdamRTNewman
    @AdamRTNewman 4 года назад

I believe that the call-put parity formula would need to be modified if the stock pays any dividends between the present time and the maturity of the options. If one buys the stock straight away at the ordinary stock price, then at time T the holder of the stock will have the stock + dividends that it has paid. On the other hand, if one obtains the stock at time T by having entered into and exercised the long forward, this person will not then have those dividends that the stock had paid up to time T.

• @ranjancom2000
    @ranjancom2000 5 лет назад

But how to get premium price is their any fixed value to match to enter. Or this will work on educational purpose only

• @arielferraina9646
    @arielferraina9646 2 года назад

THANK YOU FOR THE VERY EASY WAY TO EXPLAIN THOSE TOPICS. IT'S REALLY GOOD !!!

• @kaiwang2924
    @kaiwang2924 Год назад

Thank you, your course is so easy to understand and memory.

• @katherineli3435
    @katherineli3435 5 лет назад +2

awesome video! thx a lot!!

• @primira3862
    @primira3862 Год назад

Thanks a million. This video is a blessing!

• @qudizzle1
    @qudizzle1 2 года назад

you are a very very good teacher, thank you for sharing

• @exoticbirdsmerchant6702
    @exoticbirdsmerchant6702 3 года назад

BRAVO! You are trully Bionic!!!

• @olivomiguel
    @olivomiguel 4 года назад

Great video!