Just in: Runcam OpenIPC digital FPV, Thumb2, Jumper T15

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 11 сен 2024

Комментарии • 38

• @eduardoluisbaptistadeolive8542
    @eduardoluisbaptistadeolive8542 20 дней назад +11

Hi Bruce,
    the latency is actually less than 50ms, if you use a newer android phone, or a Radxa zero 3w( which by the way is HDMI and can connect to goggles). Ian has verified this latency on his 1000fps camera, you can have a chat with him. last thing, don't use a raspberry pi for ground. it cant perform well. you must use a radxa. if you want more info, join the OpenIPC group, I'll be happy to assist you!

• @mariofpv
      @mariofpv 19 дней назад +3

I wonder why would he not mention this on his review…
      Also he gave no credits to our team or the WFBNG author.
      Really disappointing after all the work we did for the community all those years of development.

• @Sugalime3D_FPV
    @Sugalime3D_FPV 20 дней назад +3

I'm glad that a Thumb 2 was developed. There are always enough analog and HDzero pilots who like something like that...

• @TimHWolfe
    @TimHWolfe 20 дней назад +5

I’d like to try that camera setup on a big RC type truck and use it on a tablet with a big screen. In my back yard and a small empty field nearby. It’s 30 miles for me to go fly planes. But they don’t allow anything with cameras. Who knows why. I don’t travel to far or move too fast anymore. I’m 71 with heart issues like Ron. Glad you’re doing well.

• @ElectraFlarefire
    @ElectraFlarefire 19 дней назад +1

Amusing, I know about OpenIPC from re-flashing security cameras.
    There are references to FPV stuff on their Wiki so it'll be interesting to see how it behaves.

• @Spinnaker617
    @Spinnaker617 17 дней назад

Good to watch another of your videos Bruce. Thanks!👍

• @MorningViewUAS
    @MorningViewUAS 18 дней назад

nice one looking forward to full review on the openipc setup.

• @pfeerick
    @pfeerick 20 дней назад +1

Great to see another video from you so soon after the last. The OpenIPC stuff looks interesting... like someone else commented, I am thinking it might be interesting for some lower speed car stuff. And Jumper have been working to get better quality and reputation for themselves - and the T15 is a nice bit of kit. The T14 is another great option for those who want a black and white screen instead, but the T15 has the nice IPS touch screen with no annoying bezel, and the fully programmable customisable switches, if you want to go to the nth degree of model setup.

• @pangit9999
    @pangit9999 20 дней назад +3

Would work great for a flying wing or plane. Would be interested in how good the range is compared to a decent analogue system

• @MCsCreations
    @MCsCreations 20 дней назад

Awesome stuff there, Bruce! 😃
    Looking forward to the reviews!
    Stay safe there with your family! 🖖😊

• @CR-rb5hl
    @CR-rb5hl 20 дней назад

I haven't taken the plunge into FPV because of the cost but I might now. Thank you for the post. All the best from the USA. Home of FJB.

• @wearemany73
    @wearemany73 20 дней назад +2

Great stuff Bruce 😁👍 🇬🇧

• @zandolifpv
    @zandolifpv 20 дней назад +2

You will want the Radxa Zero 3W/3E as VRx for lower profile and latency. Can get other Radxas which will have similar performance, if you are not concerned about the bulk.

• @rasmus80g
    @rasmus80g 19 дней назад

Ruby fpv works with open ipc. So in a way there is already a groundstation solution for raspberry pi. Hdmi out to googles can be done with this.

• @tenns
    @tenns 20 дней назад +6

less than 50ms in latency bruce

• @RCModelReviews
      @RCModelReviews  20 дней назад +5

It depends very much on what you're using as a display device I think. One phone gave me 100mS, another gave about 500mS. The RPi option, as I suggested, might well be lower latency. The exploration continues! :-)

• @eduardoluisbaptistadeolive8542
      @eduardoluisbaptistadeolive8542 20 дней назад +6

@@RCModelReviews don't use a RPI, they cant decode h265! use a Radxa zero 3w, this is what everyone is using as a GS for OpenIPC, with under 50ms latency

• @philloufpv-zq4vh
    @philloufpv-zq4vh 17 дней назад

We need more information about the thumb 2! Can't find anything else onliiiiine about them
    When's that review for it coming ouuuuuut :D :D :D (or is there still an embargo lol)

• @EvenTheDogAgrees
    @EvenTheDogAgrees 20 дней назад +1

"I'm not gonna go out and get my little man parts frozen off just for you guys".
    I find your lack of dedication disturbing, Bruce.

• @jimphillips3992
    @jimphillips3992 20 дней назад

Thanks for the info, be interesting to see radio developments over the years. How hard to manage would a quad be on old systems?

• @burntnougat5341
    @burntnougat5341 20 дней назад +3

Calling it now openipc is the hd replacement for analog systems

• @jaysonrees738
      @jaysonrees738 20 дней назад +1

I recall somebody saying he'd eat his hat if OpenIPC went big.

• @FPVREVIEWS
    @FPVREVIEWS 20 дней назад

I’m looking forward to using a long range digital system which can equal the expensive systems out there! It’s time the price barrier got smashed like ELRS did for control systems!

• @semadragun
    @semadragun 20 дней назад +1

Hi Bruce i have a Raspberry Pi 4 which runs Ruby HD software and connects to the OpenIPC cameras.
    I'm waiting for reviews of the Mario AIO which is basically the same but has a built in mic and different camera/antenna's.

• @Chio_OB
    @Chio_OB 19 дней назад

I have runcams on two of my quads, excellent for the price and they are older ones! I use Spektrum radios, would love a Jumper or radio master (have had one, pain in the arse to setup for me, suppose just need to take the time, maybe for the future, what would you recommend for a Radiomaster Spektrum compatible but also long range protocols?

• @alanhilder1883
    @alanhilder1883 20 дней назад

My latency today was:- I was about to click onto the video, but Muswellbrook, NSW ( where I am ) started to shake. No info on the earthquake yet.

• @johncarold
    @johncarold 20 дней назад

Hi Bruce, I'm not sure what to think about that video system b I.

• @gadgetman404
    @gadgetman404 20 дней назад

Hi xJet could you make a video of how you flash the firmware etc and get everything that you need on it to get them to communicate because it's a channel called Mario FPV you must be one of the dev's he's done a lot of videos on it but he don't talk

• @mean78mashine
    @mean78mashine 20 дней назад

respekt

• @BogHopperFPV
    @BogHopperFPV 19 дней назад

Pretty sure Mario flies with FPV goggles, not sure quite what he uses for his VRx
    I too though I’d heard latency

• @zandolifpv
      @zandolifpv 19 дней назад

He uses the Radxa Zero 3W.

• @DigitalCruzer
    @DigitalCruzer 20 дней назад +1

U liked the thumb, but the thumb pro and thumb pro-w was garbage, mine all died every time they got bumped, my original thumb is only one still kickin! Hawkeye makes better thumb cams! Luv my Hawkeye thumb 2, my favorite camera!!!!

• @markwilliams5654
    @markwilliams5654 20 дней назад

Can it do 4k 120fps

• @dallasb7117
    @dallasb7117 20 дней назад

I must agree: No Goggles, Not FPV (more like TV)

• @DigitalCruzer
    @DigitalCruzer 20 дней назад

Ahh yes, being from Ohio i understand when all that snow keeps u from getting rippins in, I'm a single male so my house is a pig pen so no indoor flyin for me till i find a Sheila to help get my act together...