Review of my Lenovo T400

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 27 окт 2024

Комментарии • 44

• @Peacelover1212
    @Peacelover1212 7 лет назад +6

I got this for free from my office with faulty battery. Its still works great. Planning to upgrade the ram and storage

• @nathanjamesbaker
    @nathanjamesbaker 8 лет назад +7

I'm watching this video on a T400 right now! It is an excellent laptop. Lenovo doesn't build laptops like they used to.

• @an0nymous_837
      @an0nymous_837 3 года назад +1

im wathing this video on r400

• @nathanjamesbaker
      @nathanjamesbaker 3 года назад +2

Five years later and my T400 is still going strong as my daily laptop, although I did recently have to get it serviced to replace the fan.

• @fakofakoson1667
    @fakofakoson1667 6 лет назад +4

My laptop´s motherboard died out after an accidental drop, it was an HP Probook 440 G1 (R.I.P.) and without much for a budget I just bought a T400 2 days ago, I got it from a repair shop for 1800 Mexican currency (about 90 USD). It might seem expensive considering it´s age and specs but it is the best that can be bought for that price around here. Even 10 year old atom netbooks sell for over 2k MX.
    My unit is a lower end variant, it features:
    No bio-metric scanner
    No dedicated GPU so no switch graphics (only intel GMA 4500MHD)
    Core2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4 GHz.
    2GB DDR3 8500s RAM
    750GB 5400 RPM HDD
    Ultra bay combo optic drive
    Legitimate Lenovo 6-cell battery (Probably new since it allows for youtube streaming @ 720p for 2.5 Hrs. over WiFi)
    Except for a few scratches it is in near mint condition including the charger, with that configuration I have tested so far and got great results:
    Dual boot Windows XP pro sp3 and Windows 10 LTSB N x64 off a 40GB VHD USB to go-ready and the BCD is stored in a separate 1GB partition allowing to add/remove VHDs on the fly totaling 3 partitions, 1 for BCD, 1 for vhds and storage and 1 for xp.
    Under W10 it runs:
    AutoCAD 2017 for 2D and rough 3D sketching without issues
    Microsoft office 2013
    google Chrome with 4 tabs one being youtube streaming @ 720p
    Photoshop Cs6
    Virtualbox 5.2 running an XP VM with 512MB RAM.
    Bluestacks 3.5 Android emulator, performance varies depending on the app with games like asphalt Nitro having a couple frame drops.
    DeSmume DS emulator 9.11 (x86) @ constant 60 FPS adjusting the dynamic recompiler block size to 5%, frameskip to 2 and window size to 2x without magnification filters.
    PPSSPP Playstation portable emulator with default settings save for frameskip which is set to 3 @ 58 FPS with few dips to 45 FPS.
    Obviously any less resource demanding software should run fine and performance should be even better on Windows XP (im still setting it up), which I installed for old games.

• @SRevolts
      @SRevolts 6 лет назад

Sounds like a good setup :)

• @fakofakoson1667
      @fakofakoson1667 6 лет назад +2

I forgot to mention, There is no official support for Windows 8/8.1/10 on this machine. I tried different driver management suites, including driver pack, driver genius 16 and driverscape without any luck.
      I came across "Snappy Driver Installer" which is free/donation supported and it installed drivers for everything in only 15 min. with just a few clicks, even the old 2.1 Bluetooth receiver allowing me to transfer files to/from my Lenovo a1000 phone which has no official support beyond W8.1 x86 either.
      Users of old systems should try it since it has huge repositories ranging from W2k to W10 both x86 and x64 also allowing to download it´s complete library (at the moment it is 14GB in size) to work offline and it is portable!!!!!

• @SRevolts
      @SRevolts 6 лет назад

For my core 2 duo machines I usually use slimdrivers to get everything installed if I can't find it online and I also just upgraded from my t400 to a T420 and the video is on the account I am replying to you from rn.

• @fakofakoson1667
      @fakofakoson1667 6 лет назад

slimdrivers was my go to solution for a long time BUT it couldnt find anything for my T400 , it has also failed with a handful of other old machines on which I tried "SDI" after discovering it with the T400 and it did the trick; even for a rare unbranded intel P478 northwood Mobo featuring an also unspecified Via chipset....

• @allandriver2066
    @allandriver2066 5 лет назад +2

I've got one I bought new in 2009. Drive died in 2016 so I threw it in a drawer for a couple of years. Pulled it out 6 months ago and hotrodded it with dual 512 SSD drives 8GB ram and T9400 chip. Never getting rid of this brick!

• @fordsrmaster
    @fordsrmaster 8 лет назад +1

Wow, phone modem?? I can't remember the last time I saw a laptop with a phone modem. I am amazed that you found a laptop that old to be useful for youtube creation. More power to ya. :-)

• @unknow123abc
    @unknow123abc 5 лет назад

Thanks for making me feel old. Chromebooks wasn't a thing when I got my first laptop. Heck Ultrabooks wasn't even a thing. Think mine would have been around the t61 or t400 era. Mine was a Dell laptop that was speced it had no issues at all running full vista, win 7 or win8. It did a great job till I upgraded to a speced w530. Which I still feel like has more horse power than my 2017 mbp.

• @huroners
    @huroners 7 лет назад +1

still using mine, with windows 7 pro installed, Core 2 Duo T9600, 8GB of RAM - 120GB SSD, 500GB HDD in the bay with caddy, and its still rock even in 2017, still much faster than modern consumer laptops....

• @ScammerRevolts
      @ScammerRevolts  7 лет назад

+Adi Abri Ganjar Utama I upgraded this one to a 600gb drive and 8gb of RAM still and amazing laptop and I think the build quality is so much better than newer laptops.

• @huroners
      @huroners 7 лет назад

absolutely dude, this is the last type that still using internal magnesium frame in the top case ( T400, T500, W500 ) any model after this model changed to CFRP Carbon fiber reinforced plastic..

• @roibrahim940
      @roibrahim940 6 лет назад

Hi. Would u recommend this with a Windows 10? And is this good to install Office 2010 in it too? Thank u very much.

• @ScammerRevolts
      @ScammerRevolts  6 лет назад

It is good for windows 10 as long as you don't want to play any games because it doesn't support the right drivers for the graphics for windows 10 but everything else works on it on windows 10 but games.

• @ScammerRevolts
      @ScammerRevolts  6 лет назад

And office 2010 is 100% working

• @TechnologySpotlight
    @TechnologySpotlight 8 лет назад +4

The top case of the laptop is really scratched up!!

• @SRevolts
      @SRevolts 6 лет назад

Tends to happen to them after long use.

• @pijussimkevicius6149
      @pijussimkevicius6149 4 года назад

You can use the magic eraser trick to remove them. You can find it on RUclips :P

• @mrx736
    @mrx736 6 лет назад +2

I'm watching this video on a T400 right now! It is an excellent laptop

• @nathanjamesbaker
      @nathanjamesbaker 3 года назад +1

Dude, you literally copied and pasted my comment.

• @minecraftcapricrew
    @minecraftcapricrew 8 лет назад +1

5:23 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! That beautiful sound!
    But on a more serious note, laptops often come with 4 or more GB of RAM and use a 32 bit operating system which really sucks.

• @brianjadlowiec9068
    @brianjadlowiec9068 3 года назад

Soooooo funny! My boerboel mastiff just smashed my brand new lenovo ssd i5 so I sent it out for repair. I needed a fill in while it is gone so I purchased a used t400 ssd. Funny thing... I searched reviews and you come up. I watch all your scammer vids! They are fucking awesome!

• @aurimasbutkus3517
    @aurimasbutkus3517 5 лет назад

1:22 express card slot?

• @allandriver2066
    @allandriver2066 5 лет назад

I agree.....Windows XP was SOLID!

• @ozzelot3349
    @ozzelot3349 8 лет назад

Watching on a T410! It says hello to its father. :D (Also, I know a guy who has this... it's not a bad laptop at all still :) )

• @julianbutler7878
    @julianbutler7878 7 лет назад +2

Nice Laptop!!

• @poland_stronk3044
    @poland_stronk3044 7 лет назад

I would still run XP if game I play would't end support of it ;(

• @Breezy-im9nz
    @Breezy-im9nz 5 лет назад

Such sad steam doesint support windows vista and xp

• @simongarcia2083
    @simongarcia2083 8 лет назад

200 for a T400? They're great but man I got my Qosmio X775 for 300
    I had a T400 while in school but after oh idk the hundredth it finally didn't want to turn back on so I ended up buying a discontinued laptop lmao

• @ScammerRevolts
      @ScammerRevolts  8 лет назад

I didnt but it forr 200$ and I got it about 2-3 years ago

• @Breezy-im9nz
    @Breezy-im9nz 5 лет назад

I found one of these for 40€ with windows 7 installed

• @NotNite
    @NotNite 8 лет назад

oh no you actually bought a scam product?

• @ScammerRevolts

This is one of the best build laptops iv ever owned its far from a scam.

• @NotNite
      @NotNite 8 лет назад

ScammerRevolts yeah I know, just mentioning the fact it's LENOVO and they always add a PUP
      *always*

• @ScammerRevolts

that dosent make it a scam.

• @NotNite
      @NotNite 8 лет назад

ScammerRevolts yeah but there always is a joke about lenovo on the internet

• @alpzepta
      @alpzepta 7 месяцев назад

⁠@@ScammerRevoltsI don’t know about the T400 but T420 price is definitely a scam $100+ when a newer Thinkpad is the same price. Classic Thinkpad keyboard and Nostalgic IBM design on the older Thinkpad do really brought up the price of these older Thinkpad.