• Опубликовано: 9 дек 2023
  • VISIT THE 4WD ADVENTURE STORE!!!
    4wd-adventurz.myshopify.com/
    CAMPING IN THE RAIN IN MY GAZELLE T4
  • Авто/МотоАвто/Мото

Комментарии • 63

• @ericgonzalez7475
    @ericgonzalez7475 5 месяцев назад +9

Great choice. Been using a Gazelle in Florida & Georgia for 4 years now so familiar with the sudden rain like you experienced. Never had a major leak issue but there is one trick to the main doors. If you haven’t figured it out by now, Make sure your zippers are at the top side when it’s raining and you won’t get any water through them. The way the door rain flaps are will channel the water right though them if they’re down low. The one drip I occasionally get is through the door zipper if the wind and rain is blowing right at one of the doors. It runs along the zipper and eventually saturates through at the bottom corner for a small drip, but nothing a small towel can’t handle. Keep the vids coming!

• @Pikelbol
      @Pikelbol 3 месяца назад +1

Thank you for this

• @nissanfrontierlife8792
    @nissanfrontierlife8792 8 месяцев назад +14

Things that I use when using the gazelle, tarp for the ground floor, couple of those blue moving blankets inside for the tent for insulation .

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  8 месяцев назад +2

I meant to get a tarp for the ground but just never had time to get one. The moving blankets is a good idea! I didn't think about that.

• @joshzarbaugh
    @joshzarbaugh 8 месяцев назад +6

We have the Gazelle T4 overland edition, Great tent love it. Been using it 5 years with heavy use.

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  8 месяцев назад

Good to hear! I enjoyed using it this time. It's a nice change from the rooftop tent

• @T3erryC3ooper
    @T3erryC3ooper Месяц назад +2

We started with the T4 then upgraded to the T4 Plus. It is the same footprint as the T8 however, the addition is square and has vertical and horizontal zippers rather than the weird half moon doors found on the standard T Types which makes entry and exits much nicer. We chose this over a rooftop or the T4 because there is something about camping at altitude in colder weather that seems to make me get up frequently in the middle of the night in search of a restroom. The additional room allows us to have a porta potty much more accessible and, we can run a mister buddy heater to help reduce those trips.😃

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  Месяц назад

I wish I would've went the with t4+. Basically for the same reasons. I like it all being one unit in one bag and the extra built in room would of been great..

• @munkydotorg
      @munkydotorg 25 дней назад

I wanted to get the t4+, but the places we generally go camping, the tent pad is smaller than the t4+ footprint. Annoying.

• @addytude
    @addytude 3 месяца назад +2

The outdoor rug is GENIUS

• @munkydotorg
    @munkydotorg 25 дней назад +1

First time we used our Gazelle T4 it poured. And poured. And poured. Minus a little that found its way in from going in and out and from things pushing on the fabric from the inside, we stayed dry.

• @richardrussell-zi6zz
    @richardrussell-zi6zz 7 месяцев назад +2

Love my T4. Good choice!

• @reidcardwell
    @reidcardwell 2 месяца назад +1

I have the green T4, and I love it. I got rained on my first trip, but no water in the tent.

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  2 месяца назад

These tents are solid, for sure. Thanks for watching!

• @Josh-pn4qb
    @Josh-pn4qb 4 месяца назад +2

That’s a BD Swinging truck and tent my man! 🤙🏻

• @theactiveoutdoors72
    @theactiveoutdoors72 8 месяцев назад +2

We’ve all have those trips where everything seems to be against you. Sometimes, you just gotta call it, get out, and wait till next time. Looking forward to watching the next one.

• @4wdAdventurz

It definitely happens. Just gotta roll with it. Thanks for watching!!

• @jimboslice7389
    @jimboslice7389 8 месяцев назад +1

Same thing happened to me first time out in Gazelle. Definitely got to test the tent out.

• @4wdAdventurz

Must be a Gazelle thing 😂 It did well, though. Thanks for watching buddy!

• @WJRAGGS
    @WJRAGGS 4 месяца назад +1

South Koreans put gravel down on their tent sites so the site don't wash away over time. . Not us....we still using mud and dirt!! Love the tent and the channel.

• @heythere1115
    @heythere1115 8 месяцев назад +1

Great vid as always! When off-roading, do you ever feel you miss the locking rear that a pro-4x has? I plan to get a frontier this month but I need a longer bed. The long beds aren’t available in pro-4x though 😂 would love your thoughts man!

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  8 месяцев назад +1

I'm my area, and doing what I'm doing with the truck, I'd say no. Not having a locking diff hasn't stopped me from anything. And it's something I can add if I decide it's becoming limiting. Enjoy your new truck! Thanks for watching!

• @adriantucker7130
    @adriantucker7130 8 месяцев назад +2

That thing is killer!!

• @4wdAdventurz

Thanks man! I think it'll do, for sure!

• @Blue-moon12
    @Blue-moon12 8 месяцев назад +1

I live rurally. The local shop sell out of date products too. 😂😂 Bet you slept well that night when you got home.

• @4wdAdventurz

Haha I did! I slept like a baby when I got home! I mean I don't care if it's a couple months past expiration date if it's chips or peanuts or something like that but, almost 2 years old with something that has dairy in it . Lolol. Yeah.. no
      Thanks for watching buddy!

• @IronJoe
    @IronJoe 8 месяцев назад +1

How did the tent do? Was it dry inside? Mine is still in the box and I’m curious. Sorry about your trip

• @4wdAdventurz

It did great. Condensation was a little bit of an issue but....that's any tent..

• @jamessmith8617
    @jamessmith8617 6 месяцев назад +1

Hey ! It's why they call it camping dude.

• @mikewalker7551
    @mikewalker7551 3 месяца назад +1

So with all that rain did the tent leak? Thinking about buying one. You hear a lot of good and bad about it.

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  3 месяца назад +1

Not really. It go a little water in from us opening and closing the door. But it didn't leak in from anywhere else. I was happy with how it performed

• @johnnyreb1475
    @johnnyreb1475 8 месяцев назад +1

We have a store where im at out of town that a sandlander owns and i swear he buys rejects and expired stuff to fill his store with.

• @4wdAdventurz

Lolol. I was bummed. I really wanted some spinach dip.

• @SandDownSouth
    @SandDownSouth 5 месяцев назад +1

Well, how did the tent do in the rain?

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  5 месяцев назад +1

Really good! Not a drop inside. Well, it did get some rain in there but it was because we had the door open for a little while while we got all the stuff out. But…ya know.. that’ll happen. Very happy with how it did. I love this thing..

• @michaelbrunner6654
    @michaelbrunner6654 6 месяцев назад +1

Did you have an issue of the gazelle leaking in the rain

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  6 месяцев назад

We did but just a tiny bit. I honestly think it was because we kept opening the door when we’re were getting packed up. I don’t think it was because of a failure of the tent. I’ll have to try it in the rain again and this time pay attention and see..

• @9MilNorm
    @9MilNorm 8 месяцев назад +2

They don’t call it an adventure for nothing

• @4wdAdventurz

Yup. They can't all be winners.

• @reinamaria2247
    @reinamaria2247 4 месяца назад +1

What size is the rug

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  4 месяца назад

🤔🤔 i’m not sure. I’d have to be somewhere close to 5 1/2’ x 6 1/2‘. It’s a pretty big rug.

• @850OVERLAND
    @850OVERLAND 8 месяцев назад +1

Hmm were you guys up there the weekend after Thanksgiving?

• @4wdAdventurz

Nope. This was on 12/8

• @850OVERLAND

@@4wdAdventurz ahh nice we were there 12/1-12/4 so much fun but had the exact same weather haha. Just ordered my t4 today actually. Been using the t4+ for years but is too much when I’m solo.

• @4wdAdventurz

@@850OVERLAND nice! I almost got a T4+ but I thought about the same thing. Might be too big for one person. I'm enjoying this t4 so far. Might be my new go to. Thanks for watching buddy!

• @850OVERLAND

@@4wdAdventurz yeah got it for my wife and daughter. Guess who never comes. My wife! lol. Swing through Tallahassee again lemme know we can link up.

• @4wdAdventurz

@@850OVERLAND definitely! I think I follow you on Instagram. I'll reach out if I'm up that way

• @JackDaniels-ki7tt
    @JackDaniels-ki7tt 5 месяцев назад +1

Good video. Whats the name of the camp ground

• @4wdAdventurz

This was actually a Hip Camp. If you don't know what that is, they're basically like an AirBNB but for campsites. I'll see if I can find the link to this site..

• @JackDaniels-ki7tt
      @JackDaniels-ki7tt 5 месяцев назад +1

@@4wdAdventurz ok great I have herd of hip camp but I will definitely look into them closer thanks

• @4wdAdventurz

So, I booked through hipcamp but you can also book through the owners actual website.
      www.whiteoakreserve.com

• @johnnyreb1475
    @johnnyreb1475 8 месяцев назад +1

Sunday mornin niSSan show im here again.

• @4wdAdventurz

🙏🏼🙏🏼 thanks buddy! I'll have a wheelin with a taco video up for y'all next Sunday.

• @andrewbarnard926
    @andrewbarnard926 8 месяцев назад +1

Went ASMR style this time with the filming lol

• @4wdAdventurz

I had to! Haha. Rain was so loud you wouldn't have been able to hear me anyway 😂 I legit do want to do a good ASMR camping in the rain video, though..

• @ItsMe-ex2vu
    @ItsMe-ex2vu 3 месяца назад

No Foot Print?

• @ItsMe-ex2vu
      @ItsMe-ex2vu 3 месяца назад

Especially on that surface

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  3 месяца назад

Nope. Just out here raw doggin’ life..

• @CHRISHDF
    @CHRISHDF 3 месяца назад +1

Watching you place that down without a foot print or tarp breaks my heart 😂

• @4wdAdventurz
      @4wdAdventurz  3 месяца назад

Didn't bother me one bit lol. I honestly forgot to get one.