Controlling A 3D Printer Farm With A Single Tablet - The Doogee T10

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 2 дек 2022
  • The Doogee T10 Tablet is a powerhouse for a low price. I'm using it to control my "farm" of 3D printers all running Duet3D control boards.
    Links Provided by the Manufacturer:
    doogee: bit.ly/3DmPqvJ (goes to Doogee website)
    doogeemall: bit.ly/3SLIzBz (goes to Tablet page on Doogee website)
    aliexpress: s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_onl... (goes to aliexpress page I showed in the video)
  • НаукаНаука

Комментарии • 32

• @Digital-Dan
    @Digital-Dan Год назад +2

The Android tablets I have bought, with one exception, have been loaded with bloatware, much of which became increasingly intrusive over time, popping up ads to interfere with public-facing activities. I assume this one is not such.

• @sculptaware4548
    @sculptaware4548 Год назад +3

Duet3D mainboards are plug, configure some gcode, and play solution.
    No Linux OS on a RPi to setup first or VScode and marlin to setup and then you can start configuring if you can skim through all that code, with Duet3D none of that. Duet3D engineers take care of the firmware side for you, all you do is tell the mainboard these are the settings for my printer and that's it. ALL IN GCODE as it should be.

• @benjohnson4656
    @benjohnson4656 Год назад +1

Thanks for continuing to make content...I always appreciate an honest perspective. You actually convinced me to buy a duet board for my Voron 2.4 build that hasn't quite launched yet lol

• @DaneC020
    @DaneC020 Год назад +2

Not a bad little tablet! Especially when getting one for review. I like the hdd space, good for 3d models to be stored on the device for printing without uploading all the time. Also the ram is amazing.

• @Magarote
    @Magarote Год назад +1

Early this week, I watched a interview with David Crocker about the implementation of input shaping in duet and how it works. I really looking to get a duet in future. Nice idea about the tablet.

• @afkafkafk
    @afkafkafk Год назад +1

I think its 8GB of RAM which is still good because the advertising makes it out that it uses 7GB for a swap partition or virtual ram off the internal flash which is never as fast as the ram itself so not sure about how usable the tablet gets after using up 8GB of RAM.

• @anthroponacious
    @anthroponacious Год назад +1

Have you seen the "new" prusa organic supports. They're definitely not just curas tree supports but worse I promise.

• @jeffsabel9363
    @jeffsabel9363 Год назад +1

Very brave of you to show your pink crocs. 🙂 I just couldn't pass that one up. Great video thanks for your honest opinion. I hadn't heard of this brand before this and am interested in maybe taking the plunge and buying something like this.

• @ianhassett7281
    @ianhassett7281 Год назад +1

I've got a convertible Chromebook I like for this reason. Slap a mouse on it and use onshape, then you have an end to end solution for cad and printer control. Not that you can't do that with a dedicated tablet it's just nice having the laptop form factor too.

• @nbalagopal
      @nbalagopal Год назад

Only missing piece on a chromebook is a slicer

• @ianhassett7281
      @ianhassett7281 Год назад +1

@@nbalagopal actually, no. I have prusaslicer installed on it. You can go into the developer options on it and enable the Linux development environment. After that you have a Linux back end and can install with apt commands.

• @jstro-hobbytech
    @jstro-hobbytech Год назад

Duets can support stall currents up to 4 amps per motor can't they?

• @StumblingBumblingIdiot
    @StumblingBumblingIdiot Год назад +1

Nice look at the tablet! I use my tablet for everything cause I am getting older and those small little screens are terrible! Might have to look this one up and give it a shot as the price is really good....for now. If it gets any higher than I would probably skip it and go with Samsung (I have a tab a 10.1 and a 7+ already)

• @VastCNC
    @VastCNC Год назад

Anything new on your toasty printer? Those original Sapphires are pretty rare these days, hoping to see more options with that stepper/shaft configuration.

• @DesignPrototypeTest
      @DesignPrototypeTest  Год назад

I wouldn't hold my breath. China doesn't listen to me and now that bamboo lab is dominating I expect to see a whole bunch of copycats of that form factor instead.

• @sukitoph16
    @sukitoph16 Год назад

Can I control anycubic photon mono 4k with my tablet? ( it's an android tablet S7.)

• @LisaHarsh
    @LisaHarsh Год назад

I did the same thing running Klipper. Saved to home screen. Bambu has an app to do this.

• @Happy3dprinting
    @Happy3dprinting Год назад

I have never been brave enough to buy a Duet mainboard for any of my printers. Due to a lack of knowledge and experience with marlin build and compilation I started down the klipper road which has proven to be reliable enough and of course using mainsail it’s accessible over WiFi. I’ve used octoprint on marlin printers and that works extremely well. Downside is that octoprint and klipper require the same thing, additional hardware namely a Linux based pc that typically comes in the form of a RaspberryPi or similar.
    The new Biqu Hurakan has klipper factory installed and with mainsail it gives the same WiFi connectivity and control over WiFi. Let’s hope more manufacturers start building printers with WiFi monitoring and control.

• @DesignPrototypeTest
      @DesignPrototypeTest  Год назад

What does being brave have to do with buying a electronics control board? This is such manipulative and loaded language. Who do you work for?

• @Happy3dprinting
      @Happy3dprinting Год назад +5

@@DesignPrototypeTest Mate your paranoia is getting triggered here for no reason. I am a big fan of yours if you track my comments. There’s nothing wrong with duet hardware, it’s just that I haven’t been able to justify the cost verses the risk of my lack of knowledge.
      For me to even try a duet board out it would cost over £200 which isn’t a huge amount in the scheme of things, isn’t to be wasted on a whim either.
      I haven’t even mentioned another mainboard in my post just that I took another route to achieve what you have with duet. Would you agree there are other paths to choose from other than duet, else dare I say it your a Duet Fan Boy? I never thought I would say that about you, I know you love Duet hardware as all your printers run on their boards, but for me I don’t really care about the hardware it’s all about the software that is running on the hardware. I failed several times to get marlin running on my custom builds so I reluctantly tried klipper which I found was easy to get the printer back up and running, that is all. Reliable hardware is always nice, but easy to build software is king!.
      You said hopefully manufacturers with web installed such as octoprint, the first manufacturer to be brave enough to step into this arena happened to jump on the Klipper fad that is running at the moment, but I am sure there is a manufacturer out there that will choose octoprint at some point. It’s just klipper is in vogue at the moment, but I wish it had the features of marlin, personally I think a pre build printer running klipper is idiotic as they could achieve the same with marlin if they tried.
      I don’t work for a technology company, but I was trained as a SCADA engineer which includes all the skills to understand the technology involved in 3d printing but leaves we wise enough to tread carefully when trying something new without proper research and understanding after 30 years of experience.
      I hope you can understand where I was/am coming from with my first post, not an attack, not propaganda, just the truth that your way may not suit everybody, else Prusa is correct and there are no other 3d printer manufacturers out there.

• @anderteree
      @anderteree Год назад +2

@@DesignPrototypeTest yikes, going on the attack like that is so uncalled for. Literally nothing they said was any of this sock puppet type crap.

• @Happy3dprinting
      @Happy3dprinting Год назад +1

@@DesignPrototypeTest ? No sorry, oops you made a mistake in attacking me. Still going to watch your channel though but just a little disappointed in you😞🙈

• @mukha521
    @mukha521 Год назад +1

Love your videos, but please, please stop saying "LCD display" :)

• @mohamedfarid7499
    @mohamedfarid7499 Год назад

? this is mobile App

• @DesignPrototypeTest
      @DesignPrototypeTest  Год назад +1

No. You control your printer through the web browser.

• @mohamedfarid7499

? How

• @mohamedfarid7499

please send this web App which control farm 3d printer

• @DesignPrototypeTest
      @DesignPrototypeTest  Год назад +1

@@mohamedfarid7499 With Duet3D WiFi control boards all you need to do is log in to the control board via a web browser. The control board effectively serves a web page. This web page allows you to do everything you need to do. Including modifying the firmware. It's absolutely phenomenal. Search my channel for duet and you should find a few installation videos that will show you all the details.

• @jaymex2617
    @jaymex2617 Год назад

Did you try Teamgloomy port of RRF for other board brands?? Like skr1.4 ???