Комментарии •

• @MTBTrailRider
    @MTBTrailRider 2 года назад +3

Are you wanting to tune up your mountain bike suspension on your Polygon Siskiu T8 or other bike that uses the Fox Float DPS or DPX rear shock? By increasing or decreasing the volume spacer can really help you dial in your suspensions performance. This can make a big difference in feel on the trails and helping you perform better.
    Fox Float DPS Volume Spacers: amzn.to/32uNGSi
    Polygon Siskiu T8 Affiliate Link: tidd.ly/3EXASlR

• @Shabobo520
    @Shabobo520 2 года назад +1

Thank you again for another awesome DIY video !

• @donnovicki9771
    @donnovicki9771 2 года назад

I changed mine to the .8 spacer and it greatly helped with setting sag. The shock was mushy with the stock spacer and this was a big improvement. Like your shirt but I need one that just says DONT DIE. 😁

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider 2 года назад

Haha!! Going down the trail and repeatedly saying to yourself… “just don’t die, just don’t die..”
      Glad this helped you out! I had the same problem obviously. I was going through the rear travel way to fast without the larger spacer even with high PSI.

• @Psilocybiant
    @Psilocybiant 2 года назад

Very helpful vid bro, earned a sub

• @macfawlty
    @macfawlty 2 года назад +2

Thanks for this info. I finally got my Polygon Siskiu T8 (medium) set up for riding after switching out pedals, seat, stem, dropper lever, adding 2 tokens to front forks, etc. The Fox rear shock seems to really need a spacer. I’m about 180 lbs. clothed and kitted and with 200 lbs. pressure in the shock, the sag is about 50%. Not sure where the balance is, but hopefully the spacer will help.

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider 2 года назад

Glad I could help. Before adding spacers I would increase the PSI. Set the sag to about 20% maybe 25% at most. 50% is way too soft. See how it rides after that but we are about the same riding weight and I increased the spacer to 0.8
      But you should increase PSI in shock and do a ride or two with correct sag before changing stuff. Will make it easier to see if your changes are beneficial or not.

• @macfawlty
      @macfawlty 2 года назад

@MTB Trail Rider I must have lost pressure. Pumped it back up to 200 and it seems fine now although it went through 75% travel without any drops. I'll add the spacer.

• @alvarocabrera8332
    @alvarocabrera8332 2 года назад

Lol cant believe this just came out, i was looking for this

• @dedysetiadi7100
    @dedysetiadi7100 Год назад

can make it 210mm to 190mm?

• @medardomalvido1768
    @medardomalvido1768 11 месяцев назад

What is the range (sweet spot air pressure) before installing a larger insert, 150 psi, 200 psi, 250 psi, 300 psi, to acheive sag point, I'm 225 lbs with fox Float on a 2023 T-8 bike. running 270 psi Lalo

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider 10 месяцев назад +1

So.. there is a "general" rule that the shock is set at the same PSI and your riding weight (your weight with all your riding gear on). If that's 225lbs or 235lbs thats where you start with your shock PSI. The recommended sag for the rear shock is 20-30%. I usually went closer to the 20-25% sag in the rear shock. So set your air pressure to get to that range. Keep track of that PSI number you used for future reference. (also, make sure you're checking the sag correctly). Then go for a few rides on your regular trails. If you find yourself bottoming out regularly on sections you shouldn't be bottoming out on; you likely need to increase your volume spacer.
      Another detail that gets involved when tuning your shocks/forks is the rebound... I weigh about 200 lbs and I set my rear shock at 200PSI with the increased volume spacer (I think it's the 0.8 spacer) and my rebound is set at 8-clicks from fully closed.
      My fork has several volume spacers in it and set at 85-90 PSI with the rebound fully open.
      suspension tuning and adjusting is fine art and takes a lot of adjusting and taking notes to get it dialed in. As I've continued to ride and tune it, I've learned to make adjustments based on the trail I was going to ride as well. I keep the notes on my phone so I can remember what I ran last time on XYZ Trail.

• @playgroundchooser
    @playgroundchooser 2 года назад

When adding volume spacers in the shock and/or fork, you don't have to lubricate anything?
    That's good to know, as I'm sure I would have greased it all up. 😳

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider 2 года назад +1

Nope. The tokens in the fork are much easier. Just make sure you get ALL the air out of the shock and maybe push down on the bike to cycle the shock a little as you empty air to make sure all the chambers are empty before opening the shock. If there’s air pressure still built up it will shoot the can off when you open it.

• @playgroundchooser
      @playgroundchooser 2 года назад

@@MTBTrailRider Hey, thanks man! Loving your channel!

• @200sway
    @200sway 2 месяца назад

Are you still servicing polygon t8 bikes

• @MTBTrailRider
      @MTBTrailRider 2 месяца назад

Yes. Still riding my T8. Going on 3 years with it. What are you needing done?

• @200sway
      @200sway 2 месяца назад

@@MTBTrailRider I was curious to see if you had any idea if the 2024 T8 fox 34 has spacers that are in it from the factory I got the shock manual when I got the bike but before I open it up to look I was wondering if you have any additional information

• @Pies.
    @Pies. Год назад

pro tip: leave one half on the bike, the legerage is beyond