One of my favourite motorhomes : Hymer BMC T550

Поделиться
HTML-код
  • Опубликовано: 16 окт 2024
  • This is one of my favourite motorhomes! Here at popular request is the Hymer B MC T550 motorhome. For more information about this vehicle please see : www.motorhomefu...
    I live in a motorhome full time and travel around Europe in it. I spend most of my time in Poland, Germany and Italy. Vanlife is my life.
    In my RUclips channel, I present reviews of recreational vehicles. Here you will find campervans and motorhomes from the cheapest camper vans to the most expensive luxury liners, from various companies including Hobby, Hymer, Carthago, Westfalia, Wingamm, La Strada, Frankia, Clever Vans, Pössl, Bürstner, Niesmann Bischoff, Action Mobil, Reisemobil Manufaktur, Robeta, Trigano, Challenger, EuraMobil, Laika, Forster, Mobilvetta Design, Affinity, Globe Traveller, Benimar, Roller Team, Adria, Tourne, Megamobil, VW, Mercedes, CS, Renault, Ford, Fiat, Carado, Sunlight, Baileys, Chausson, Balcamp, Knaus, Weinsberg, Mitsubishi, Woelcke, Reisemobile Bürow and others.
    I do this by regularly attending trade events such as CMT Stuttgart, Abenteuer und Allrad, Caravan Salon Dusseldorf, Warsaw Caravan and Camping Show and sometimes others.
    I cover equipment, including 12v electrical equipment and talk a lot about lithium batteries.
    I also show some of the places I have visited in Europe in my own motorhome, as well as the places you can stay at! I try to give as much coverage as I can to official campsites and free places which I use for overnighting. Therefore you can find here the aire or stellplatz that you are possibly looking for.
    Please consider supporting me on Patreon : / alanheath

Комментарии • 83

• @hankcuccina5260
    @hankcuccina5260 5 лет назад +7

It's a beauty, i can see why it's one of your favourites.

• @elrey8876
    @elrey8876 5 лет назад +4

it does look very nice inside. Ergonomic, comfortable and inviting.

• @gastonadonay
    @gastonadonay 5 лет назад +8

Excellent, I share your opinion at % 100. It looks sober and with pleasant, practical spaces and where it should be. The incredible bathroom. The frame of the vehicle at a very good height from the ground. I imagine that its price should not be anything economic.
    Greetings Mr. Alan H.

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  5 лет назад +1

Greetings from Gunzburg, Germany!

• @cristim5620
      @cristim5620 5 лет назад

if I understood correctly the info on the price tag, 95,000 euros including sales tax , which you probably get back if you exit the country. Why do they cost 50,000 more in the US when the Sprinter costs less than in Germany?

• @whynot1because2
      @whynot1because2 5 лет назад

@@cristim5620 ask your president... US taxes...

• @kbkatherineb3944
      @kbkatherineb3944 2 года назад

I’m in love!

• @alexanderreyes6547
    @alexanderreyes6547 5 лет назад +1

Yes I Agree with you. Very elegant yet every space has been used wisely. I liked it also, the problem is, We dont have it in the Philippines.

• @markadonisbsibugii1906
      @markadonisbsibugii1906 4 года назад

Bagsak po road worthiness natin dito sa pinas. Imagine idaan mo yan sa bulacan ewan ko lang kung d mawasak at magkanda hulog ung mga installations nyan. Just saying po

• @anitahendrix7573
    @anitahendrix7573 5 лет назад +4

Just heard Hymer in Canada closed its doors layedoff 800 folks. Was bought out by Thor and deal didn't include Canada facility. Getting parts repairs in question??

• @brighton_dude
    @brighton_dude 5 лет назад +2

I agree that this is an excellent motorhome. It isn't cheap but a second-hand one might be do-able although it would need to be quite a few years old.

• @VanlifewithAlan

News of it was only released last May, theoretically available from August 2017 and long lead times on new orders. There won't be anything on the second hand market for a long time!

• @brighton_dude
      @brighton_dude 5 лет назад +1

@@VanlifewithAlan - it will be a long wait.

• @JCZ2601NL
    @JCZ2601NL 5 лет назад +2

🇳🇱NL. Thank you very much for the video of the 550.here I am very happy with it.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• @nickjury5198
    @nickjury5198 5 лет назад +1

Hi Alan, I must have missed this video🤔 Now here is a top notch wagon, it’s at times like this I wish I had waited longer before buying a Mercedes Sprinter van. They just took to long to release what was coming up for 2019, dealers didn’t know or just wanted to flog their old stock, Hymers website was out of date🙄 Shame as Hymer was definitely on my list of possible purchases but could I find out if they were continuing to produce models like the 560 Mercedes or something similar with a crosswise bed? NO!! This is a fantastic wagon, top quality, expensive I know, but you gets what you pay for. On the new 2019 Mercedes base as-well😍 oh it brings tears to my eyes now I’ve bought my van, I knew I should have waited😩😂

• @VanlifewithAlan

Never regret what you have Nick - always make the best of it. The same advice goes for those that have got married!

• @nickjury5198
      @nickjury5198 5 лет назад

👍😂

• @seanadamson280
    @seanadamson280 2 года назад

That's class Alan

• @ArraialHD
    @ArraialHD 4 года назад +3

Perfect song choice for a perfect motor home

• @DrexlGmbH
    @DrexlGmbH 5 лет назад +1

Absolut Perfekt, i ❤️ Hymer, super tolle Präsentation Mr. Heath, 👍 Hammer Musik, 👍 vielen Dank.

• @leoneranger9348
    @leoneranger9348 5 лет назад +3

Love the space overall and that bathroom

• @ddmannion
    @ddmannion 5 лет назад +3

Alan, maybe we can get you some donations for a Wide Angle lens for your camera. The video quality is good but you just can't see much with your current setup. Love travel and RV videos!

• @VanlifewithAlan

Daniel I am already operating with a 14 mm lens. I am tring to find a ten mm lens but I don't want any wider than that. I borrowed a fish eye for a couple of hours - some people liked it, others didn't eg ruclips.net/video/lCPx3E-_-G0/видео.html A friend warned me that it is very difficult to edit with fish eye lenses.

• @samo6434
      @samo6434 5 лет назад +2

Alan Heath The wider you get, the more distortion of spatial relationships. That translates to less believable footage. Stick with what you have. It seems to be a slightly of but good representation of reality.

• @ateachableheart2649
      @ateachableheart2649 5 лет назад

@@VanlifewithAlan I think it is much better wide angle lens distorts the space and it's difficult to get a true perspective. Keep up with what you're doing because if I can find this RV in America I will most likely buy one!!!

• @mikekeefer4365
    @mikekeefer4365 5 лет назад +2

Beautiful RV. Any chance that this will be available in the US in the near future?

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  5 лет назад

Unfortunately a bit hard to say what is happening with Hymer in the US at present.

• @wendyward5262
    @wendyward5262 4 года назад +3

Perfect 😀 love it

• @snabelone
    @snabelone 5 лет назад +1

Allan, thanks for sharing!

• @kathyfann
    @kathyfann 5 лет назад +2

Looks wonderful

• @boblamothe8966
    @boblamothe8966 5 лет назад +2

Very nice

• @ryan1989
    @ryan1989 4 года назад +1

Ok, idk much about RV's, but nearly every one I've seen has had a propane cooktop. Wouldn't induction burners be safer and easier? Is the wattage too high or something? I just thought it was curious.

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  4 года назад +1

Not realistic Ryan for most people. A powerful battery would be needed and I feel most people would not accept the cost.

• @Yo_soy_111
    @Yo_soy_111 3 года назад +1

Is it rear or front wheel drive? Thank you.

• @VanlifewithAlan
      @VanlifewithAlan  3 года назад +1

front

• @Yo_soy_111
      @Yo_soy_111 3 года назад

@@VanlifewithAlan ok, thanks Alan. I think only MLT is rear isn't it?

• @LibellulaGlass
    @LibellulaGlass 5 лет назад +1

Hi there, love your videos. Have you heard anything about Hymer being in liquidation? In north America apparently, what happens to warranties in that case?

• @blurayffan66
    @blurayffan66 5 лет назад +5

Lovely van but so expensive. 2 questions for you Alan- what is the name of the artist and track of the backround music- really like it and notice you have used it before. And secondly- what is the exact model of your camera gimble please? i also have a Sony mirrorless camera and very impressed with yours. Thanks Alan!

• @henryc1000
      @henryc1000 5 лет назад +3

I think it’s “Vertigo” by BERTYSOLO less the lyrics.

• @blurayffan66
      @blurayffan66 5 лет назад +1

@@henryc1000 Thanks!

• @VanlifewithAlan

I did not know it was called Vertigo also. I have never heard it with lyrics - just looked it up. The title I have is Sunspots by Jeremy Blake. Listening now to the lyrics - I don't think they work very well and I speak French!
      Łó
      The gimbal is from Feiyu Tech. It is their a1000. I absolutely recommend the place I got it from but it is a warehouse in Łódź, Poland!

• @blurayffan66
      @blurayffan66 5 лет назад +1

@@VanlifewithAlan yes- the song indeed sounds a bit odd with the lyrics! Thank you for the info on the gimbal too- looks like amazing value for money and have to say all your videos are super steady and smooth using it! I have the Sony NEX-5R mirrorless camera and this looks like a match made in heaven!

• @RSG075
    @RSG075 5 лет назад +1

Моя любимая модель автодома. Лучше только полностью интегрированный автодом. 550-ая компоновка самая практичная.

• @VanlifewithAlan

Проблема с интегрированной является дополнительной покупной ценой плюс стоимость замены ветрового стекла. Хотя я согласен, они более привлекательны и имеют больше места внутри!

• @kathyfann
    @kathyfann 5 лет назад +3

Thanks so much the Best Layout yet. I have seen a lot of these.

• @CS-rk6fu
    @CS-rk6fu 4 года назад

That lighting will eat in to your battery for sure varta or not

• @LouisSubearth
    @LouisSubearth 5 лет назад

In the garage/under bed storage, does the chassis run under the mentioned area or it's up until the wall facing the inside of the camper?

• @VanGoNow
    @VanGoNow 5 лет назад +4

Alan would you have some time to talk about us hiring you to assist us with the purchase of this exact rig? Let me know if you are interested and I'll email you the details. Thanks

• @VanlifewithAlan

Certainly. Are you on Messenger? Alternatively send me an e.mail. The address is on 'About on the last page of the RUclips channel!

• @mariasilveira7166
    @mariasilveira7166 5 лет назад +1

I wait for the model I. I hope have a good choice🏕🏕

• @ottavva
    @ottavva 5 лет назад

1:00 what are all those caches for?? going to Colombia to get some stuff??

• @pohanahawaii
    @pohanahawaii 3 года назад +2

Why don't we have these nice RVs in America?! 😣

• @davidsmith6661
      @davidsmith6661 3 года назад

Probably because they are too small for the US market.

• @pohanahawaii
      @pohanahawaii 3 года назад

@@davidsmith6661 Not so much the size as the layout.

• @timtsai54
    @timtsai54 4 года назад

Dealer in the US?

• @maxpower6918
    @maxpower6918 5 лет назад +2

The wood effect flooring has not been matched up on the removable floor hatches and looks crap.

• @Noa-hs6qy
      @Noa-hs6qy 5 лет назад +1

They always do that, it annoys me so much I could cream haha

• @ГерманГерасимов-р7с

Alan, shoot from a wider angle, you bring the camera very close to the objects.

• @johncox2157
    @johncox2157 5 лет назад

Hey Alan
    Do they sell this model in the United States

• @VanlifewithAlan

The plan was to do so. Check out a Roadtrek dealer!

• @dj38202
    @dj38202 3 года назад

Wow

• @harvesthawk5772
    @harvesthawk5772 5 лет назад

Wish we could get those in the US.

• @PerfDayToday
    @PerfDayToday 5 лет назад

Agree!

• @gentiksilver9139
    @gentiksilver9139 5 лет назад +1

How much

• @VanlifewithAlan

Probably from around EUR80k but could be considerably more depending on options taken!

• @herbyhannan1675
    @herbyhannan1675 4 года назад +1

Pisses me off why everyone that makes these videos pays so much attention to over exaggerating the cupboards,I understand how important storage is in a van.but why do you need to show every cupboard and spend so much time on over stretching the filming of them,when this time could be better spent on showing more of the van.its not just you that does it but 90% of the people that make them,stop it,it’s boring,

• @loveu2222
    @loveu2222 5 лет назад +2

I hate when people force the self locking doors 😡

• @brianmurphy8032
    @brianmurphy8032 5 лет назад

did i see a £ 65000 price tag ??

• @badingobob4304
    @badingobob4304 5 лет назад

It need a second bed as on the Peugeot globe traveller

• @2019freddie
    @2019freddie 5 лет назад

Very nice but the Knaus 550 MD is better value.

• @steamfan
    @steamfan 5 лет назад

It is my understanding that Hymer North America ceased operations.

• @VanlifewithAlan

I don't know the full circumstances Ralph but something strange is going on. Thor Industries did not buy the North American operation from Hymer.

• @michaeldawson6309
    @michaeldawson6309 5 лет назад

95K Euro ! Wow

• @dennisloniak8774
    @dennisloniak8774 5 лет назад

Where’s the TV? Outside awning?

• @VanlifewithAlan

TV behind the forward bench, I did not realise it did not have an outside awning.

• @Rob1979H
    @Rob1979H 5 лет назад

#Want 😍 💕

• @hardworkingamerican8847
    @hardworkingamerican8847 5 лет назад

All that for 87,000 clams

• @mariettino1
    @mariettino1 5 лет назад +1

Bello ma costa troppi soldi....

• @MustangCollectibles
    @MustangCollectibles 5 лет назад

Nice but way too small...

• @craig79792000
    @craig79792000 5 лет назад

Frustrating camera work and horrifying music. Its like they went out of their way to not show what I wanted to see.